The Wulfs Den

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

MGM

Post by MGM »

Oh, I'm not counting on anything, let's be clear on that. It'd just be a wasted opportunity to not ask. ;) I'm sure it will be packed, Moore doesn't do that many signings, right?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

^
What he said.

I understand there are no guarantees and its an imposition on you when you consider outside factors. So if you are able to - great, if not its understandable.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Oh, I'm not counting on anything, let's be clear on that. It'd just be a wasted opportunity to not ask. ;) I'm sure it will be packed, Moore doesn't do that many signings, right?

Oh yes, yes it will.

It's one of those events that everyone wants to hop on the band wagon for since they just don't happen.

It'd be the same for someone like Neil Gaiman.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

Ah yeah, with that one I got lucky. He was limited to two items and didn't really care at all whether you bought his new book or brought something old. Nice guy, Gaiman.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Oh, you can jump Mitch ahead of me. My reply was not to get on the line.
Hope you can all you want, have fun.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Ah yeah, with that one I got lucky. He was limited to two items and didn't really care at all whether you bought his new book or brought something old. Nice guy, Gaiman.
He is at the top of my list to meet, too. I hear he is really nice.
Ièd love a signed copy of Sandman or American Gods.

Whatèd you get signed

MGM

Post by MGM »

He is. I thought he was rather a douche, because of all his Dr. Who tweets, but he totally turned that around. He's a guy who still seems amazed that many people want his autograph.

I got his latest book signed for Natascha and the Endless Nights hardcover for myself.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Im still fuming that I missed out on his signing tour. Id like to get Sandman & Miracleman signed by Gaimen; the latter only because it took me so long to get the key issues that a signature from the writer would be an appropriate end to my journey.

On a related note, I just learned Cameron Stewart did a signing last week at a local comics shop in Brooklyn. I would have loved to have known in time so I could attend.

So many shops around NYC & the world have signings but unless you're following all their websites or twitter or Facebook pages, you wouldn't know what's happening. I don't suppose there is a site that lists all signing anywhere in the world by date is there...?

XIII

Post by XIII »

Follow the creators on Twitter !

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Oh man, if only I had known, too.

Cameron Stewart was in Calgary about a month ago for that signing tour and I got something done for Arn, I found out last minute so I didn't get a chance to ask around.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Hmm, Fahran, what would you say to a signed and doodled edition of Stewart's latest book?
I bought it and at the same time, Cameron, the awesome friend that he is, got me the same one but personalized! So I have a spare copy if you want.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Ha! Sometimes I love this board.
Its just a circle of giving.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

And the different locales we all live in make it awesome.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:
So many shops around NYC & the world have signings but unless you're following all their websites or twitter or Facebook pages, you wouldn't know what's happening. I don't suppose there is a site that lists all signing anywhere in the world by date is there...?

Yeah, it occurs to me that I should start following Forbidden Planet, Orbital Comics and Gosh Comics over here.

Look at the Orbital Comics site. They seem to do signings and other pretty interesting things like Emma Rios's signing and exhibition.
http://www.orbitalcomics.com/events/

Fiona Staples at Gosh, same day as Alan Moore at the Prince Charles Cinema:
http://www.goshlondon.com/events/

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:Hmm, Fahran, what would you say to a signed and doodled edition of Stewart's latest book?
I bought it and at the same time, Cameron, the awesome friend that he is, got me the same one but personalized! So I have a spare copy if you want.
Thank you Mr. Arnaud but it's okay. I'd like to get it myself if I can. The hunt is half the fun, but if I change my mind, I'll let you know.
Stocky Boy wrote:
Fiona Staples at Gosh, same day as Alan Moore at the Prince Charles Cinema:
http://www.goshlondon.com/events/
Guess this mean's you're skipping out on the Alan Moore signing...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Just wanted to put this out there for you guys.

I love my comic books, but I am notoriously hard to shop for comic stuff since I have so much of it. It annoys the hell out my girlfriend, actually, so I never get comics as gifts.

The fact you guys are so wiling to go out, get stuff signed, or get sketches from guys for me, and for others on the board is great. I really do appreciate it.

This year has seen a few gems on my collection from each of you and I just wanted to say thanks.

XIII

Post by XIII »

We love you too. :)

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

That's very sweet of you Cam. :)

It is a nice community isn't it. We have quite the obsession with comics that it really is a daunting task for anyone to buy a comic related present for us without screwing up. The only people who have a chance of doing it well are like minded, obsessed people. It's very good and enjoyable to have that network and friendship.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I doubt there are many other groups on the web whose boards are still around after more than a dozen years and whose core members are willing to go to such lengths to help each other out, out of the kindness of their hearts (except MGM - he has no heart).

So....GROUP HUG!!!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Stocky Boy wrote:That's very sweet of you Cam. :)

It is a nice community isn't it. We have quite the obsession with comics that it really is a daunting task for anyone to buy a comic related present for us without screwing up. The only people who have a chance of doing it well are like minded, obsessed people. It's very good and enjoyable to have that network and friendship.
The only hope we have is to find someone else in our group who knows what we are looking for, I think.

Speaking of all this.

NYCC next year anyone?