The Wulfs Den

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

The guy who did them is inexpensive. He is an inker in comics but does great work. They were mail away sketches.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

They look pretty good. Did he give you a decent price for doing 16, or did you start with just one or two and it snowballed from there?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Did 5 for $100, they turned out really well.

He then told me they were more like his $40 busts, so we did 5 for $200 the next time and he went above and behind again. That second set is more like how his $100 sketches are.

So all 10 have cost $300. Huge steal on my part.

Good deal to be had by me!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Definitely looks good! Sounds like a really great deal!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

So, thought I would post a couple things about Montreal!
I spent the weekend being a gopher/fixer for the media and comic guests.

I pretty much ran around all weekend doing stuff that you couldn't have volunteers do.
Fetch liqour, buy things for the guests, introduce guests to other, that kind of thing. Its a ton of fun, and despite not getting paid, the amount of freebies makes the show a net win for me, since I didn't actually buy anything. It's awesome. It's also great access that I wouldn't normally get. Great fun.

I arranged a few photo ops for Oliver Coipel, which is why he gave me the Thor.

I showed Adam Kuberts' kid around the show, which netted me the Wolverine.

I brought in bottles of wine for the 4 BSG people, which they really enjoyed.

I also got to spent 20 minutes chatting with George Takai about his Gay Rights activism, which was awesome.

I also got sent to buy Jason Momoa a tank top, and he wouldn't wear a Superman tank top, the bastard.

Apparently it went so well I got a job offer for Ottawa Pop Expo in December to be an official part of the Media Guest team.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Way to go!!! Congrats on getting the job done.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Sounds like a busy but amazing weekend!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Congrats on your experience at Montreal as well as the job offer. I assume its a paying job with a base salary and benefits, if so are you seriously considering it?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

This arrived today. I was told this is the last full figure MM John will draw.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Congrats on your experience at Montreal as well as the job offer. I assume its a paying job with a base salary and benefits, if so are you seriously considering it?
I just saw this, whoops!

Nope, just another weekend helping at the show for minimum wage, plus a boatload of freebies.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

http://www.ottawapopexpo.ca/

In a few weeks!
Anyone want anything signed?

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Interesting.

Oh now, I hate to be a giant dickface, but I'll be seeing Alan Moore on the 26th.

Say whaaaat? :)
http://www.princecharlescinema.com/even ... =alanmoore

Looks like he's only signing his new biography. Somehow doubt I'll be able to get more than one copy signed per person I'm afraid. I'm going with three other friends. My friend Nick will have the book to get signed, but I don't know about the others. I can check if you want?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Fuck.

So if there's any chance that you can get more than one book signed or if any of your other friends are going but not getting anything signed, would you be willing to get one signed?

And if you were making that offer specifically to Wulfy, I apologize for intruding and withdraw my request for a signed book.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Yes, just plain yes I would get a booked signed. To me if possible. That would be awesome.

However, Farhan is being kind enough to get warren Ellis books signed for me so I would go behind him if he wants one.

(Personalized books could be more than one per person) or re queing at the end of the line can work too, in my experience for those kind of signings.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Sometimes I envy your access to awesome British creators. Aka, almost all the cool ones.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

It looks like he will sign what is for sale, nothing else, but no limits mentioned. Interesting.

I know he won't sign any old stuff, especially DC books.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Ok no, if Stock was offering it to Wulfy, then I retract my request. It's simply not fair and it was rude on my part to just jump in. I'll get in line behind Wulf. I shall be #3.

If you can get one signed for me, please have it personalized "To Farhan & Ismael" with whatever message he wants. I will pay you back for the cost of the book & shipping it to me. Furthermore, I will shower with more love and respect than even my first born. You will be regarded as a hero in the House of Sohail

wolf_2099 wrote:
I know he won't sign any old stuff, especially DC books.
Can you imagine showing up there and dropping a copy of Watchmen or Swamp Thing for him to sign? ;)

XIII

Post by XIII »

Nah, ask him to sign your Watchmen DVD or Before Watchmen trade. :D

MGM

Post by MGM »

Miracleman #1, published by Marvel. :D

On that subject, if I could be #4 in line, I'd also happily shower you with love and all that. And money for the book and shipping, if course. ;)

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Cam is first since he's gotten me signed stuff and sent it over before. Then Wally as first responder, then Arn (if you want one, you haven't mentioned) then Mitch.

I would definitely love to get all of you a signed book, but let's air on the side of caution. At the moment, all I have to do to get one signed copy is; turn up, buy a book and wait until the signing. But, long queues and last train times could screw up even just one book being signed. The Prince Charles Cinema isn't that big, so hopefully there can't be too many people.

This is how I'm currently thinking...

Order of book signing likeliness regardless of getting it personalised is as follows:
- One book signed (mine)
- One of my friends not going to get one for themselves (meaning Cam can get one)
- Two of my friends not going to get one for themselves (meaning Cam and Wally can get one)
- Each person can buy more than one and get more than one signed (many possibilities)

Barriers:
- Queue signing starts late (should start at 21:00)
- Need to leave to get train
- All books sold out beforehand!
- All friends buying for themselves
- One book per person policy
- (one barrier for my friend who definitely wants a signed book is if Moore will only sign books bought on the day)