Lazy Person's Guide to Eating

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

These hotels are specifically for having sex in. It's because in Korea people live with their parents until they get married so they need a place to go and fuck.

Korea has so many vending machines, not as many as Japan though. You can only get clean underwear out of the vending machine in Korea.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

CBKA wrote:Do they not have these vending machines in us/canada?

Ihave seen them over here
I have a couple in my living room.

:duck:

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

They had big bags of frozen fruit for sale at Costco so I've been putting that in my smoothies. WOW. The ice makes a huge difference in the "fluffiness" and whole texture, even if my blender doesn't seem to like it too much. It's like a real smoothie, instead of a cup full of paste.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

MGM

Post by MGM »

Y'know... that post honours the title of this topic. :D

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

It also makes me want to invest in a blender. The potential for easy food-making intrigues me.
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I've figured out how to "pulse" the blender so it breaks everything up real good. It only has one setting, but I can do manual pulse.

I'm almost out of protein powder. Kind of amazing. The blender is a miracle. What kind of parents don't own a blender? If you buy your own, get a "bullet blender". They are small and easily make a single serving. Huge normal sized blenders are a big fat pain in the butt.

I've gotten into webcomics a little again because Ex is doing one. Right now I'm reading Anders Loves Maria. It's not fantastic, but pretty good.

http://anderslovesmaria.reneengstrom.com

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I had a rad weekend! Started out on Friday with a shortened trip to the cat shelter. My little buddies. Then I met someone off the couch-surfing website for dinner. She was really cool and dinner was AMAZING. The restaurant next to my old apartment has updated its menu and oh my god it was so good.

Then we went to an amateur improv comedy show in the bar upstairs. I think I've been meaning to go to that for awhile (I used to live right next door!) but this was the first time. It was better than I expected. They did generally stick to the "current events in Korea" theme but to their credit they didn't make any jokes about dating Korean girls or getting pushed in the supermarket.

My new friend had a ton of friends there and after we split into two groups. One group went to homo hill and another group went to THE NORAEBANG. I was going to go to 'the hill' because they have awesome dancing but once I heard NORAEBANG that idea just fell right out of my head. I looooove noraebang. Not sure if I've mentioned these before, but they are small private rooms for you and your friends to sing karaoke.

We were going to go for an hour then meet back up with the other group. We paid for an hour then started ordering beer. At some point I figured out that the hour was over, but we kept drinking and singing and drinking and singing. We had 7-9 beers each (lost count), and were there for four hours. The attendant kept adding more time, because we were just that good.

Next day I went to a barbeque at my new friend's place. There had to have been about 50 people there. That was awesome, and then we went to a music festival in the foreigner slum. That was less awesome. Two hours of stand-up comedy, most of which was agony. (So who here is dating a Korean girl? Aren't they weird!! Any Canadians? What is up with maple leaf back-packs guys??) But we stuck it out and then went to stand outside another bar where Korea's premier foreign novelty band was scheduled to play 2 hours before. They finally open the doors, we push our way to the front because we are HUGE CUNTS, and get great positions. I was exhausted from not sleeping and my throat was dead from all that singing the night before so I couldn't sing along, but they were fantastic (better than in their videos) and I'm happy I finally got to see them.

After that I continued to hang out with the group because they were really cool but I was tired. I had the strongest long island ice tea ever trying to perk up enough for dancing but I was done so I said goodbye and headed home, keeping an eye out for some good bushes to vomit up what was left of the iced tea before it got into my blood stream.

Best thing was meeting someone who is interested in music so now I have someone to go to goth/punk shows with. Yay.

The French Biscuit

Fasheem wrote:What kind of parents don't own a blender? If you buy your own, get a "bullet blender". They are small and easily make a single serving. Huge normal sized blenders are a big fat pain in the butt.
They've got one, but it is of the "huge normal sized blenders" variety and so is a big fat pain in the butt to use.

Sounds like you had a bloody awesome time! :monocle: :D I totally pictured NORAEBANG as some kind of whore-house based on the presence of "BANG" in it's name. Sorries. :(
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Bang means "room". It's pronounced like bawng.

There is a bus stop called baeng baeng sa-geori. Baeng sounds like bang. Sa-geori means "fourway". The first time I saw it I couldn't stop laughing.

CountD

Post by CountD »

that does sound quite rad, indeed.

vommiting sucks, tho.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

It wasn't that bad, I would have throw up earlier in the weekend but when the urge hit I was at home and didn't want my roommate to hear so I didn't do it. Also it was like 2pm, so the guy guarding the bushes I used on Saturday night would have been awake.

I didn't notice the guard sleeping in his little guard box until after I'd done it. :monocle:

CountD

Post by CountD »

Fasheem wrote:Bang means "room". It's pronounced like bawng.

There is a bus stop called baeng baeng sa-geori. Baeng sounds like bang. Sa-geori means "fourway". The first time I saw it I couldn't stop laughing.
Bong :cheesy:

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Yes. It actually sounds more like pong to me, cause the Korean letter that is translated as b has a sound between b and p. Korean is hard. *stares at textbook, ignores it again*

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Today was the last day of the term. I thought I'd be thrilled, but I'm fucking devastated. I miss them already!!

I get a bunch of new students on Monday for the summer course but it won't be the same.

Also my brain broke on Wednesday. It's the damnedest thing. I'll just be going about my business and I'll have this flash like "how did I get here? what's going on?" Then I remember, sort of, but it feels weird. If I had to pick a name for this bizarre condition I'd call it detached brain. Like a detached retina. Only inside my head. Things seem to be trucking along just fine, but I don't quite know why. Or something. It's not a lack of focus, because I can focus on things but that's as close as I can come to explaining it.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan »

Fasheem wrote:Also my brain broke on Wednesday. It's the damnedest thing. I'll just be going about my business and I'll have this flash like "how did I get here? what's going on?" Then I remember, sort of, but it feels weird. If I had to pick a name for this bizarre condition I'd call it detached brain. Like a detached retina. Only inside my head. Things seem to be trucking along just fine, but I don't quite know why. Or something. It's not a lack of focus, because I can focus on things but that's as close as I can come to explaining it.
It sounds like some form of dementia, perhaps Alzheimer's disease. It could be nothing, however, that does sound serious, and I think you should get that checked out.

The French Biscuit

Have you thought about seeing a professional about this "detached brain" thing? Could be your just out of whack because it's the end of term and your still adjusting to the new schedule or it could be something serious.
Biscuit AWAY!

CountD

Post by CountD »

I call it fucking stoned.

;)

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

ShadowMan wrote:It sounds like some form of dementia, perhaps Alzheimer's disease. It could be nothing, however, that does sound serious, and I think you should get that checked out.
I think it was no big deal. Just stress. It stopped.

Six month update time:

Finished another term, meaning that even though I have over two months left on my contract, I can consider this one in the bag. I finished a year long contract! I'm amazing!

I might stay another year. At the same job I mean. Definitely staying in Korea another year.

I studied German for 12 weeks and completed Level 1.1 with an A. The guilt for not studying Korean is overwhelming and I will be doing that in Feb even though I'd rather keep going with the German.

I went to a Christmas party and someone said "we are pretty much all professors here, like you". I choked a bit on that one.

I dated a guy for about a month. (That would be... the month of October.)

I have had no contact with Chris since July except for when he sent me an email a month ago and I cried for a week. I didn't bother to reply.

I'm doing the CELTA starting in a week. I am excited because a famous Korea blogger is going to be taking the course too. I don't read his blog because it's boring but still, celebrity! Woo!

I am doing my first illegal job next week. It's three days. My coteacher can't speak much English and can't control the kids but luckily I've figured all that stuff out by now so I actually consider this "easy money". Looking forward to raking in the cash until I get caught and deported. I'm financially secure now so I no longer give a shit if the piggy bank gets yanked out of my greedy little fingers. I'll just go elsewhere.

I got a Cowon S9 and that's really the main reason I'm considering sticking it out another year with the 3 hour commute. I can watch TV on the subway. It's awesome.

I think that's it.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

3 hour fucking commute?! Both ways?

Well, glad you're enjoying it in Korea though. How's the 'dementia' by the way? ;) Hope it doesn't interfere with the efficiency of ilegal job working. Ho ho ho