THE 2010 FOOTBALL WORLD CUP

Throw a riot and beat each other senseless over your favorite team! New and improved!

Moderators: Sandman, IrishCream

MGM

Post by MGM »

Paul also picked the winner of the European Cup two years ago wrong. :D

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

BAD OCTOPUS!:smackbum:

If it helps at all, my family is committed to cheering for Holland. I suspect my mother might even stoop to hand-wringing, explosive cursing and bargaining with God on the Netherlands' behalf.:e2drunk:
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

ChimeraCreative

ENGLAND

CAN'T PLAY
CAN'T REF

(I still love Stocky and CBKA :e2flowers:)

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

MGM wrote:True enough, I noticed that as well. If you pass the ball 20 times, at a point you really do need to take the shot.

That, and their defense is not their strongest part, with the efficiency Holland's been displaying, that might give us a shot at them.

close game i thought, even if you lot were abit dirty(nowt wrong with that in my eyes).

I think everyone would agree that spain are the best team in the world though, so fair play.and with arguably there best striker, torres, unfit for the competition
:chewie:

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

ChimeraCreative wrote:Paul the Octopus picked Spain. Sorry, Michel, looks like the psychic cephalopod doesn't favour Holland's odds.:disappointed:
probably didnt see it over there but on sky sports news all dutch were giving a fuck ton of abuse saying he'll be calamari in morining:smilielol5:

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

ChimeraCreative wrote:ENGLAND

CAN'T PLAY
CAN'T REF

(I still love Stocky and CBKA :e2flowers:)
i dont like howard webb but im not sure what he did wrong (apart from show yellow instead of red to de jong?)

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Yesterday's match was terribly unimpressive. Excessively aggresive tactics on Netherlands part & excessive drama on Spain's part.

Somewhere there should have been soccer being played in all this...

MGM

Post by MGM »

Webb gave a horrible performance. De Jong should've caught red, the same for arguably Van Bommel but certainly Iniesta and Puyol. That, and the corner he failed to give led to the attack (offside, if I'm correct), which led to the goal.

And yes, it was a bit dirty, but at a certain point, Webb started to decided pretty much everything against Holland. Some of the yellows he gave certainly weren't yellow cards at all.

That said, Spain did deserve the win more than Holland. 'Cause let's face it, if you get two chances like Robben did and you don't score...

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

MGM wrote:Webb gave a horrible performance. De Jong should've caught red, the same for arguably Van Bommel but certainly Iniesta and Puyol. That, and the corner he failed to give led to the attack (offside, if I'm correct), which led to the goal.

And yes, it was a bit dirty, but at a certain point, Webb started to decided pretty much everything against Holland. Some of the yellows he gave certainly weren't yellow cards at all.

That said, Spain did deserve the win more than Holland. 'Cause let's face it, if you get two chances like Robben did and you don't score...
The way holland set out to play, he was always going to be heavily involved. You could have easily started the second half with 10, 9 or even 8 players

MGM

Post by MGM »

While that is true, everyone does seem to overlook teh fact that Spain made some rough fouls as well in the first part of the match.

XIII

Post by XIII »

But what were they supposed to do? Let Van Bommel and co. walk all over them? If the ref can't take his responsibilities, then you have to show your opponent that you can reply to their challenge.

It was a dreadful game. Lots of foul play, lots of godawful rulings from the ref but I think in the end, it's the best team that won. Holland showed nothing.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Oh, the best team definitely did win. But I'm still gonna argue about teh decisions before the goal, which in the end were wrong and made the match.

ChimeraCreative

Bearing in mind that I'm a North American casual viewer of soccer. :blah1:

EDIT: I had a response and deleted it, I'm just not up to dissecting the World Cup with my fine Euro friends.:Hug2:

MGM

Post by MGM »

Wuss, you just can't handle our superior views on football. :D

XIII

Post by XIII »

Yes! Superior!!

I think the final world is : that was a rather poor World Cup. Unenjoyable games, rubbish refs, disappointing players, vuvuzelas...

MGM

Post by MGM »

Agh, true. It was a terrible Cup. Fifa needs to learn to give the players some rest.