UFC

Throw a riot and beat each other senseless over your favorite team! New and improved!

Moderators: Sandman, IrishCream

CountD

Post by CountD »

Kimbo slice is mounting a comeback...The ultimate fighter show!

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Caught that today as well. :D

What did everyone think of Machida vs. Evans? I enjoyed it. I wonder if guys will get better at breaking down Machida's movement?

In more TUF news, this time relating to the current season, I wonder if it's my boy Oscipsak vs. Wilts this tomorrow (airs Sunday in the UK)? Looks like Dana is gearing the show up to make sure it's Brit vs. American on the free PPV event. For the angle's sake, it's pretty good that the show is currently 4-4.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Stocky Boy wrote:
What did everyone think of Machida vs. Evans? I enjoyed it. I wonder if guys will get better at breaking down Machida's movement?

yeah except for the first minute and an half where they circled each other feignting without throwing a shot. The funny thing is that boxing gets a load of shit for inactivity from mma fans yet if something similar in boxing had happened both fighters would have been docked points
:chewie:

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Yeah that's a bit double standards. Not my stance though. If anything, I think boxing has a high level of activity per second. This though is partially due to having to worry about less offence.
I'd argue the hesitation to set off in MMA is understandably worse than in boxing, what with having to worry about not just hands, but feet too, knees, elbows, clinches, takedowns and the glove size allowing for punches to slip right through.

CountD

Post by CountD »

I actually still like to watch boxing.

When I practiced jiu-jitsu, we always did boxing drills...until we couldn't lift our arms.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Stocky Boy wrote:Yeah that's a bit double standards. Not my stance though. If anything, I think boxing has a high level of activity per second. This though is partially due to having to worry about less offence.
I'd argue the hesitation to set off in MMA is understandably worse than in boxing, what with having to worry about not just hands, but feet too, knees, elbows, clinches, takedowns and the glove size allowing for punches to slip right through.
To be fair the level of activity and pace of MMA fights are ongenralvery ast and exciting and obviously it promoted as such. But i very much doubt Dana White will address what happened for the first minute and an half, which is kind of sad because all it will need is a simile rule change like what was introduced in boxing. I understand certain fighters reluctance in certain fights but it is an entertainment sport and the fans pay there wages.
:chewie: