Paranormal Activity/Crises on Two Earths/ZombieLand

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Paranormal Activity/Crises on Two Earths/ZombieLand

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Some Spoilers below:

Saw all of them this past weekend and were all good fun.

Paranormal Activity was as good as all the reviews said it would be. it was very jump-scare, however, unlike lame slaser films that employ jumps care every 15 minutes, PA did it sparingly and had the perfect mood and atmosphere for it. Also, it helped matters that the main actors weren't Hollywood supermodels. They looked like regular people. The dialogue wasn't too clunky or awkward either. Although the male character, Micah, came off like an idiot a few times; especially after he had clear evidence that what was in his house was not to be fucked with.

Crises on Two Earths was another enjoyable release from DC Animated. The animated was top notch but deviated a little from the traditional portrayals. Superman, who looked really ripped in the last animated feature was slimmed down considerably for this film. The story was well done but the dialogue got a little awkward at times. The sub-plot involving Martian Manhunter's relationship with the Presidents daughter was handled kind of clumsily. Some of the voice acting was well done, and some was just terrible. Superman, WW, Flash, Superwoman, Owlman were all very well done. Batman, Ultraman & J'onn J'onnz were terrible. I realize I have a personal bias when it comes to Batman's voice, but the voice they chose was so pretty damn awful. He always sounded bored or tired. Ultraman looked and sounded like a sterotyped watered down Italian gangster and J'onn was pretty awful all around. In my opinion Superwoman stole the show. She was great as a sadist and all around psychotic.

Zombieland was a just a great zombie comedy/drama. There was humor in it but it wasn't lame or weighed down by it either. Also it wasn't LOL humor but very tongue-in-cheek.