Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Was a bad film. TF-2 wasn't horrible but was worse than TF 1, which is saying something.

My biggest problem in the whole film was that pretty much every character (no matter how big or small their role), was a caricature and relegated to comedic relief. The two hip-hop, gangsta spewing robots were annoying, despite trying to make them funny. Sam’s parents were annoying (despite being expected). I didn't really need to see Sam's mom running around campus talking about her son’s cherry. It was funny but only in the groan-inducing way.

The Section-7 Agent was another stupid move. A horrible, horrible joke and I certainly didn’t need to see his saggy ass cheeks in that Super-man speedo when he started stripping down. He was somewhat funny in the first film (when he wasn’t pawing at Megan Fox) but here, he was horrible
Sam’s roommate was another joke of a character who, I really didn’t see the purpose of having him around, except to point him in the direction of the Section-7 agent.

Sam’s professor was another bad joke (Dwight from the Office)
Mikayla’s pet Deceptakon –another joke.

Jetfire – A supposedly legendary Deceptakon now made into a cantankerous old coot, blowing gas through his exhaust pipe and hobbling around on a cane
It was as though Bay was trying to cram as much lame humor into the film as possible.

Then there were too many autobots to keep track of and most of them were just relegated to the background for show and were used as Canon fodder later like the Arcee’s. None of the autobots besides Bumble-Bee and Prime received any real face time. Hell we didn’t even see Ratchet or Ironhide that much either.

And then some of the things that happened in the film made no sense at all. Optimus Prime, who spent the last TF film getting kicked up and down the street by Megatron, was suddenly fighting Deceptakons, 3 at a time and was wrasslin larger Deceptakons all by his lonesome.

Then there was the 15 minute marathon scene where Sam and Mikayla had to run across the desert to reach the army outpost. This one made the least sense of all. When the scene started Sam & co. were all riding inside Bumblebee but then they decided to “split up” when they saw a Deceptakon. Everyone went in different directions and Bumble Bee got to the Outpost in like 2 minutes and we spent 20 minutes watching Sam & Mikayala run across the freakin’ desert. Awful, simply awful.

The plot holes and bad comedy made it worse than the first film.

Python

Post by Python »

Maybe the third movie will actually be about the Transformers and not some lame humans. :e2bummed:
And then some of the things that happened in the film made no sense at all. Optimus Prime, who spent the last TF film getting kicked up and down the street by Megatron, was suddenly fighting Deceptakons, 3 at a time and was wrasslin larger Deceptakons all by his lonesome.
That's the way it should have been from the verra beginning.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

MGM

Post by MGM »

The movie franchise waws perfect up until the garden scene in #1. After that it was downhill. Even Devastator was nothing but a... a what was he anyway?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Python wrote:Maybe the third movie will actually be about the Transformers and not some lame humans. :e2bummed:
I would love it, if we could drop the dipshit parents.
That's the way it should have been from the verra beginning.
QFT. It was one of the things I was bitching about in the first film. Watching Prime get dropped like a bitch was terrible.
MGM wrote:The movie franchise waws perfect up until the garden scene in #1. After that it was downhill. Even Devastator was nothing but a... a what was he anyway?
A giant lizardish thing...or a dragonish thing...Not sure

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Double post. Sorry.