V: The Series

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

V: The Series

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I caught the pilot episode of the re-imagined series last night while flipping back and forth.

Seemed okay, nothing great but not terribly bad either. I need to watch some more eps before making up my mind about it, but that'll depend on wether or not I happen to catch them.

Python

Post by Python »

I noticed it has Enora, from Firefly in it (Morena Baccarin). I've heard it started out verra slowly, but I'm sure it will be just as awesome as the original.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Yes it does. For the first episode Baccarin has been the face of V. The series also has Alan Tudyk (Washburne) from Firefly as well but I'm not sure how big his role will be in the series.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

It was good, nothing special. I more enjoyed playing spot the character, as most of the vast is veteran tv actors. There were people from Smallville, Lost, 4400, Firefly, Stargate, Everwood and so on.

I'll give it another episode of two.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I am watching it right now. I kinda like it so far I am suprised there are so many i reconize in it. Supergirl is in it too

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I wanted to see it, if only for Baccarin and Tudyk, but I got back from campus about halfway through the premier and figured I"ll have to catch it later since ABC doesn't exactly re-air things 2 hours later. Let us know if it improves or drops in the next few episodes.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I recognized Supergirl's name but couldn't place her. The only other actors I recognized were Scott Wolf, Morris Chestnut, & Elizabeth Mitchell.

One character I already can't stand is the son of the FBI agent (Mitchell). He's already acting like a tool (I know, its his character but its still annoying) and the way they keep getting up slow moving close up shots of his face whenever he sees the V girl he's hot for.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

The V girl he has the hots for is Supergirl.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Is anyone else wondering what they're going to show for the next 12 episodes?

For the amount of plot they drilled into the first episode, it seems like it might be a long 12 episodes of underground alien resistance.

And somewhat weird if they switch from massively compressed storytelling into decompressed alien fighting storytelling. It wouldn't surprise me if the network decided to get out all of interesting plot asap, so they can show a lot of alien/human fighting.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

wolf_2099 wrote:The V girl he has the hots for is Supergirl.
Ahh gotcha
wolf_2099 wrote:Is anyone else wondering what they're going to show for the next 12 episodes?

For the amount of plot they drilled into the first episode, it seems like it might be a long 12 episodes of underground alien resistance.
I've heard some strange rumors about this show. Supposedly, the network already has plans to ax the show after 4 episodes or so because it tested so horribly with test audiences. I don't know how much truth (if any) is in them, but that seems to be the word around some of the MB's.

Well, episode 2 tonight. Let's see if this show has legs.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

After the first 4 episodes it was put of airing till march, so they may as well axe it.

Python

Post by Python »

wolf_2099 wrote:The V girl he has the hots for is Supergirl.
That's really funny, because I thought his mother was the Supergirl from the '80's movie.

Elizabeth Mitchell:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3771107584/nm0593310

Helen Slater (Supergirl):
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm988910592/nm0000644

They look a lot alike.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The two teenage guys, the one who has the hots for Supergirl and his fat friend, are the epitomy of douchiness. The close-ups of the kid who has the hots for SG every time he hornily looks at her reminds me of a pedophile and the fat guy, well he's just a douche. "Duuuuuuude, she's so fine", "Ohhh totally, no way!!!" "Duuuuuude"... It's stupid.

ne of the criticisms I've heard of the show is that they packed in too much into the first episode. I don't necessarily view that as a bad thing (if the show wants to survive) because most shows, if they start off slow, usually get axed because networks cant be bothered to support a show that is "taking time to build" and "still finding its audience". They need immediate sucess or its bye bye.

Second ep was okay. Again nothing stood out, but I saw another former BSG actor. Final 5 woman, & former Presidential aide. Can't remember her name though

Python

Post by Python »

Monica Lewinsky?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Python wrote:Monica Lewinsky?

Rekha Sharma