Wolverine Origins

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

wolf_2099

Wolverine Origins

Post by wolf_2099 »

Has apparently been leaked onto the internets! I might be downloading this.

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search= ... gins&cat=0

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/04/alleged-wolveri.html
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

I heard not all the special effects are in, though.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Some are.
Apparently even with that considered, it still sucks.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm downloading a copy so I'll let everyone know ;)

From what I've heard its supposed to be good, but I've also heard the "POS save your money" side. I'll know tomorrow, lol...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

That version of the movie was bad.
As a comic book film, fucking atrocious.
One of the worst I have ever seen.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I just thought the whole thing was a bunch of scenes that are supposed to be cool, throw together into a bad film.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I have to agree that it wasn't that great. I still enjoyed it, but felt some of the changes were complete BS.

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

Example:
-WTF did they do to Deadpool? I'm just gonna plead ignorance and conclude that "Deadpool" at the end of the movie wasn't Wade Wilson. Sure, Wolvie said "is that you, Wade?" but obviously Deadpool didn't respond. So it's not Wade Wilson, and just Weapon XI. Complete bullshit is what they did to him. [plus, you know, it wasn't Ryan Reynolds who played Weapon XI so its Wade Wilson, no matter what anyone else fucking says]
-Cyclops. Hello, they're beams of force and not beams of energy, so things should not be catching on fire. If you want to go the ignorance route, you can say in the school he hit electrical and that caught stuff on fire. But that doesn't explain what happened in the end with the fight between Deadpool and Wolvie/Sabes. After Wolvie was completely ridiculous with "blocking" the beams by just connecting his claws (wtf?) when he was knocked off and came up his claws were bright red, indicating they were red hot from energy.
-Wolvie cutting down the fire escape. Need I really say more? So fucking ridiculous...
-Gambit acting like a cat throughout parts, walking up a wall to jump across. Sure, it was cool for a short bit but when he kept doing it and made it not look like regular acrobatics? Ghey...

The plot was there but it didn't always get connected, some of the scenes could definitely have included better dialog, and I do agree it was like they used dialog solely to connect action sequences. I loved seeing Prof X in the end, that was frickin cool and unexpected.

Overall I still enjoyed it, and do plan to see the finished thing at the midnight showing...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

The part that was pissing me off too?
Just because wolverine's claws can cut through anything, doesn't mean he is strong enough too.

You seriosuly expect me to believe he can hold a stiff arms, connect at 60 MPH or whatever, and cit through a car? Like his arm wouldn't be thrown back, and shoulder dislocated. Same with helicopter blades.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Hahaha, I KNOW! Screw the car, think of the helicopter! That woulda rebouned him out of the air and back on the ground if he tried to do that in real life.

Same thing with Sabretooth and the car, he made it look like he was just slicing through butter when he cut the hood. He shoulda at least had to strain a little, lol...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

That thing with sabretooth I imagine will be changed with the final cut. It looked very unfinished. The car/helicopter scene were in the previews though.

And what was with everyones ridiculous leaping?
Sabretooth looked terrible, The Shooter, weapon 0 can apperently jump 30 feet in the air.
And wolverine, with a 100 pounds of metal in him, can apperently be launched 50 feet in the air.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Dude, you think too much.

But, Cyclops does shoot beams of energy.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm always plagued by wrong word choice. His force beams are a form of energy, but are not like lazers as portrayed in the movie. There an issue of Uncanny after he came back from the dead that made sure we knew that, lol. He was annoyed at his dad for thinking his force beams could light a fire...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

They are force, not heat.

Is it seriously too much to ask for the basics of research to be done into character they make? Or for a movie to try and be somewhat believable?

The amount of people willing to swallow the shitty movies Hollywood pumps out this days is ridiculous. (Not at you MGM, just heard so many people say "it's a comic movie" etc, etc.) So was Dark Knight, so was X-Men and X2, they were done well.

MGM

Post by MGM »

No, I'm not saying a shit movie is okay. But I don't have a problem with a superhero action movie that defies belief somewhat. Because let's face it, every Bond movie does the same thing.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mm, yes, I agree. This was cheesy though, very cheesy, and badly written. The whole movie came off as cheesy, whereas bond and the other films I mentioned took a more serious tone.
It's hard to explain, sorry.

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

My only hope was that fox released this intentionally, to throw us off for the real (read: decent) ending they will put in the movie release. Please, please, please?
Join in on The Creative Cafe Theme Night!

Send me a PM to suggest a theme!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm just more pissed at how they desecrated Deadpool/Wade Wilson than how sucky the movie was. I was able to enjoy the movie by turning off my brain, but seeing all the shit that happens to the Merc w/the Mouth just annoys the fuck outa me, lol...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Captain Jack wrote:My only hope was that fox released this intentionally, to throw us off for the real (read: decent) ending they will put in the movie release. Please, please, please?
No way. The bad word of mouth is far worse than anything else they could have wanted to accomplish.

Python

Post by Python »

Isn't this the version before they went back and filmed the extra scenes with Deadpool?

I'm not going to pass judgment until I see the final product.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

10 minutes of re-shoots are not in it.
This version was so ver, very bad though, I honestly cannot see how they can have improved it without re-writing the entire thing.