Punisher on Netflix

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Punisher on Netflix

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Jon Berthenel's Punisher is coming to Netflix and the first trailer has already dropped.

I'm hoping they adapt more of Garth Ennis' MAX stories and he'll even the Marvel Knights stuff he did. I think in DD S2, they made reference to the Kitchen Irish storylines from the MAX run.

MGM

Re: Punisher on Netflix

Post by MGM »

I'm on the fence. Looking forward to it, because his Punisher was graet in DD and if there's one character that works as a TV show it's the Punisher.

On the other hand Netflix basically has a 1 outta 5 score of good Marvel seasons (let's face it, DD season 1 was good because it was the first one, not because it was actually good).

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

2 episodes in and it’s great so far. Episode 1 was off to a slow start but it gets better.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I watched the first four and really enjoyed it. Like Cage and Jones, it's showing a hero and the characters dealing with real world issues, and I've really liked how these shows are doing that. I'm going to try and watch the rest of it in the next week or so as I've been told it was very good.

MGM

Post by MGM »

It's good, and definitely better than most Netflix Marvel shows, but it's not great either. Overall it's a decent character study, but it shies away from the big question (isn't Frank simply a sociopath and killer?). It's ending is pretty good, though.