X-Men: Days of Future of Past

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

X-Men: Days of Future of Past

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Even though I hate time travel movies I liked DOfP. I have only one question. If this movie is in continuity with X3, how is Xavier alive?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

End of X3 revealed Xavier transferred his mind into the comatose patient, then at the end of The Wolverine he appeared with Magneto saying something about having secrets or something ominous like that.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

In addition, I was reading somewhere or listening to a commentary on the film (because I'm a glutton for punishment) that the producers and director originally intended for it to be a twin brother of Xavier that was the patient. They never addressed that, but once he's alive in The Wolverine it seems that was the case.

Or they could say that we never see it, but the Morlock Masque changed his face. Take your pick.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Despite the shittiness of X3 & Wolverine Origins, the X franchise seems to have recovered.

I didnt like that they killed off several characters from First Class though. It irritates me when an entire movie is dedicated to introducing characters and then they're killed off in the sequels. And not even in the sequels themselves but behind the scenes.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Yeah, that was quite shitty. Yet we didn't see the deaths on screen so they could come back? Plus we could see more adventures from them between First Class and DoFP.