Game of Thrones (spoilers)

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

2015 at the earliest, sadly.

And supposedly the 2 oldest Sand Snakes are being cast for Season 5!

They sure did take a long time to introduce us to Dorne. We knew of it when Myrcella was married off to Trystane Martell. And I'm guessing we'll see Myrcella in Season 5 along with Arianne and her grande plans.

I really wish I had gotten into these books a lot sooner. I'm a slow reader with books like this so it's going to take me a looooong time to get anywhere, it seems.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

In the books, I certainly felt that Oberyn was our introductory character for Dorne. A lot of the people in the book are really well portrayed on screen. With very little screen time you get a lot out of them. Oberyn's a great example and you get so much from all the Lannisters from just one look.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Michel, you shouldn't skip the Theon parts, they are quite important to the future of the North.

Yeah, I read the new book should come out Fall 2015. In the meantime, they are releasing a book in October about the history of the Seven Kingdoms and Essos. To make us wait I guess.

I also read the short stories recently about Dunk and Egg. They are quite cool.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yeah, I know. But it's so fucking uninteresting. The whole Bolton thing, etc. Can you give me a summary of that part so far? :D

XIII

Post by XIII »

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The Theon parts in the book were some of the most interesting to me. They were an violent and Sadistic; like watching the proverbial track wreck.

When reading the books, I sometimes found myself skimming parts like descriptions of landscapes or reading them without not really paying attention to them. Anyone else so that?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I do that a lot but not always intentionally. I'm still trying to work through Lord of the Rings and find it so boring with the description of anything but interesting stuff. At least in GoT I feel he's describing interesting things.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Half the storylines are boring as fuck. At the moment only Arya, Jon Snow and Daenerys are interesting. I couldn't give a fuck about the rest. Tyrion is funny and all, but he's clearly too popular. He's survived things that would've killed the entire cast altogether.

XIII

Post by XIII »

In the books or the TV show?

Cause in the book, the characters I don't care much for are Brienne, Lady Stoneheart (fuck, why did he have to bring HER back?). Even the Jaime chapters are sloooooow.
I feel Dance with Dragons and Feast for Crows was a lot of set-up to make ready a lot of action in Winds of Winter.

Also, big spoiler if you haven't read Dance with Dragons...
BIG SPOILERS!!!
Do you really think Jon is dead? That would suck major ass and make all the build-up about the mystery of this "mother" mean nothing in the end.
END SPOILERS

MGM

Post by MGM »

Both. And yes, Jaime's chapters are slow, but they're pretty good.
I kind of like Brienne, but I've no clue what her storyline is in the last book.

BIG SPOILERS!!!
I hope not, he's one of the most interesting characters. And isn't his mother supposed to be Lyanna?
END SPOILERS

XIII

Post by XIII »

Brienne is looking for Sansa and Arya Stark and ends up being captured by Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood.
And the Bran chapters!! God, they are boring!

BIG SPOILERS!!!
Yes, it is the general agreement that he is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar. But if he dies, the whold thing is pointless so I think he will survive. I hope.
Anyway, the whole thing will end with Bran controling Dany's dragons and burning the White Walkers to death. :)
END SPOILERS

MGM

Post by MGM »

BIG SPOILERS!!!
I hope he'll live, because otherwise that'll be yet another storyline that was pointless all along.
Hah! Hadn't thought of that. Yes, that seems like a likely end. But who will gain the throne?

END SPOILERS

XIII

Post by XIII »

BIG SPOILERS!!!
Well, Bran of House Stark, First of this Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm. Known as the Crippled King
His wife, Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms and Slaver's Bay, Khaleesi of Vaes Dothrak.

:D

END SPOILERS

XIII

Post by XIII »

Casting news for Season 5, they are looking for the following characters :

Doran Martell, Aero Hotah, Trystane Martell, Sand Snakes (Obara, Tyene, Nymeria), High Sparrow, Septa Unella, Maggy the Frog, The Waif.

Dorne, trouble for Cersei and Braavos! Also, I find the lack of Griff disturbing.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Where does that come from? And I mean two posts above, not the casting news.

XIII

Post by XIII »

You ask me who gains the Throne, I give you my opinion. If he can control the dragons, the throne won't be far. :D

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Damn was last night's episode awesome! First time we focused on a single group of characters and it was very well-deserved! It would not have translated well being broken up.

XIII

Post by XIII »

The battle was great, Sam kicked some ass. Sad to see Pyp and Grenn go, especially since they don't die in the book (I think).
But I'm really waiting for next Sunday's finale. Even though it means the new season is already all over...

MGM

Post by MGM »

What's the big event that's supposed to happen in the finale?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Happy Father's Day, Tywin :hehehm: