Gotham pilot on FOX Tv

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I think I'll watch the next two episodes. Give the show a three episode try out. But, I think the only thing I like about the show is seeing how they rig DC history into this show's universe. But, when I sometimes see the result, I'm less than impressed e.g. Jim 'there will be light' Gordon's acting and Alfred 'don't mind me son, I'm a bloody Cockney mate' Pennyworth.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Just saw the third episode.

Er... the show just isn't that good, is it? I especially dislike how all the villains are really charicatures (like Nigma and the Penguin). That, and the show really seems to want to be really noir, but can't be noir since it's also for kids.

XIII

Post by XIII »

MGM wrote:You did not illegally download those, did you?
Of course not! I wished them to be on my tablet and lo! There they were.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

MGM wrote:... the show really seems to want to be really noir, but can't be noir since it's also for kids.
Yeah, good point. It the noir style and the target audience don't really go well together.
I think you can do comedy noir and obviously straight up noir, but not straight up noir with the caveat that it's also got to be for kids.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Jesus, that is cringeworthy.
The actor playing James Gordon, he is bad, isn't he? It seems every actor is in "over the top" mode. The dialogues are terrible.
I didn't get the 70s feeling at all, btw.
I'm giving this a second episode and if it's as bad as the first, I'm out.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Actually, that actor isn't that bad. Or at least, on Southland he was pretty good.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Do you mean he's not that bad in Gotham, because he's not overacting?

In his case though it's as if he can't over act, because his default acting style is under acting. :D

XIII

Post by XIII »

Jada Pinkett is the worst though.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I read episode 6 is the best so far, so I'll check that one. But the first 5 were... not so good, to say the least. If 6 isn't awesomely great, this show is off my list. I so wanted to like this. :(

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Now that my October Horror Challenge is over I'm back to watching my regular shows. I'm trying to decide whether I should catch up with Gotham or wait for it to finish and watch it all the way through. Those who have been watching it week to week, are the episodes self contained or do they have cliffhangers/every episode is connected?