Gotham pilot on FOX Tv

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Gotham pilot on FOX Tv

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Fox tv has announced that Bruce Wayne (who will be 10 years old) will be a regular cast member on its tv show Gotham.

Bruno Heller, creator of the CBS drama The Mentalist will be the shows writer, executive producer and show runner.

Gotham will take place during Bruce's formative years after his parents murder and will focus on Detective James Gordon and will feature Alfred in a supporting role.

No one has been cast thus far and filming begins in March.

http://www.newsarama.com/19750-report-b ... otham.html

This is rhe first i heard of this. I have a wait and see attitude towards this. It could be good, or it could be bad but with little information it's hard judge.

Thoughts?

MGM

Post by MGM »

I've known about this for a while. It sounds like it could be great (if it's anything like Gotham Central - which it won't be about, BTW).

XIII

Post by XIII »

I wish they had involved Rucka and Brubaker in the writer's room.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Well, a decent cop show writer isn't bad, either. But yeah, Rucka or Brubaker would've been ideal.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Anybody checked the trailer released and the promo photos? It actually looks quite decent in my opinion.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Of all comic shows, this is the one that actually has me interested. The trailer looks good, and I've been wanting to read Gotham Central which this looks to be similar to. I'll give this a shot, but I won't lie, I'm worried it'll be similar to Agents of SHIELD in that same sense, being less about heroes and more about the people around them, and that turned out pretty poorly to me. I'm still hopeful about this one though.

MGM

Post by MGM »

The trailer looks actually pretty decent, but I could do without all the young Batman and villain children. I'd prefer a good cop show set in Gotham. But nonetheless, it looked pretty nice and I'm looking forward to it much mroe than any other new announced show.

Although I'm very curious about Constantine as well. But I'll just have to try and not compare it to the masterpiece that exists on paper.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I'm looking forward to Constantine. British actor and blond hair. Already it's infinitely better than Keanu's film.

I'm interested in Gotham, but I think it's only slightly going to be a grittier Arrow. So, expect everyone cast to look sexy all the time, but with a bit more grittiness. Also, the lead guy, although I hear he's great in Southlands, his acting looks terrible in the trailer and the dialogue about conquering fear etc is horrible.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm not sure which of the new 5 shows I'll try.

-Gotham looks interesting but I'm not big into shows like that week-to-week, so I may wait and get the dvd to watch in a row.

-The Flash looks like it could be good but the costume and graphics may be too cheesy, it won't be like Arrow where it's more down-to-earth.

-Constantine looks pretty awesome even though I'm sure it'll be more derivative from the comic than I'd like.

-Agent Carter really doesn't interest me, I'm not all that big in period pieces like this so if I watch it'll be all at once after the season is over.

-iZombie has a great premise and I enjoyed the first dozen issues of the comic, so it all depends on how it feels once it comes out.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Stocky Boy wrote:I'm interested in Gotham, but I think it's only slightly going to be a grittier Arrow. So, expect everyone cast to look sexy all the time, but with a bit more grittiness. Also, the lead guy, although I hear he's great in Southlands, his acting looks terrible in the trailer and the dialogue about conquering fear etc is horrible.
Really? I find him one of the weakest actoes in Southland. On the other hand, that's probably still better than 70-75% of all the other TV actors.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Sheesh, that Constantine pilot looks like something terrible.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Has anyone seen the first episode?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yes. Not bad, but lots of room for improvement. They also should decide on the timeframe. It looks absolutely gorgeous, with a very 70's vibe. But they're also using cell phones.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

MGM wrote:Sheesh, that Constantine pilot looks like something terrible.
Yeah and now I've seen the trailer, I reckon it will be an alright show at best.

The guy may look Constantine-ish, but his accent is not Liverpudlian and worryingly I think he actually aimed for it.

Haven't seen Gotham yet. I've got the first episode lined up.

MGM

Post by MGM »

The first Constantine episode is actually not bad. Just see it as a version of John Constatine, but not as Hellblazer.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

MGM wrote:The first Constantine episode is actually not bad. Just see it as a version of John Constatine, but not as Hellblazer.
Yeah I think that's the right way to look at it. It's the made for TV, age range 15+ version of Constantine.

What do you think about the accent? I wonder if it's something that will only bother British people.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I found it... interesting. Not as thick-accented as I expect the character to be.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

"There will be light Bruce. There - will - be - light".

Do people actually talk like that?

Just started watching it. Not sure I'm going to like Pennyworth's new cockey geezer persona brought to us by Sean Pertwee. Can't help but feel they'll have him saying, mate, blimey, crickey and son every sentence.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I got the first 3 episodes on my tablet to watch during my German trip.

MGM

Post by MGM »

You did not illegally download those, did you?