Batman: Year One & Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Batman: Year One & Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Finished watching the Batman: Y1 movie. It was pretty faithful to the comic book. Animation was top notch and the voice acting was pretty good. A brand new voice cast was used for Bruce/Batman, Gordon & Catwoman and it took me a while to warm up to Bruce's but I realized that the different voice for Bruce made sense. This wasn't the confident, established Bruce/Batman who'd been doing the hero thing for several years; this was a younger Bruce who was still finding his bearings.

All in all, a pretty enjoyable 90 minutes, but I finally understand what Tragic was saying about watching a movie that has been adapted (faithfully). You know exactly what/when/where/why and how something is going to happen. Kind of takes some of the fun out of watching it.

Next: Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

CHEMICALX

Post by CHEMICALX »

I still havent purchased Y1 i keep looking at it but i dont want to spend the money lol. I enjoyed emerald knights a lot as did my son but it was a good set of mini stories...my favorite of the DC releases is still probably Wonder Woman followed by Superman Batman apoc

XIII

Post by XIII »

The Green Lantern one is now available in France due to the release of the live action movie. Meanwhile, if I want to see New Frontier I still have to go illegal. This is bullshit.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I watched New Frontier every weekday night last week as I went to bed. I hope that helps.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII, you're not missing anything spectacular with New Frontier. It's pretty meh all around.

I watched the GL: Emerald Knights movie and it was another solid DC Animated movie. The short stories were a nice change but I'd still prefer one long story as opposed to having them broken up.

I think both Fillion & Meloni were good as Hal but I think Meloni edged Fillion out just a little.