The Dark Knight Rises: And the Villains Are..

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Tragic Angelus

The Dark Knight Rises: And the Villains Are..

Post by Tragic Angelus »

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/01/19/cats-out-of-the-bag-anne-hathaway-to-play-catwoman-in-new-batman-film/

Catwoman and Bane it seems.

It seems Tom Hardy will be playing Bane.

And Anne Hathaway will be playing Catwoman.

I for one, am utterly thrilled at Hathaway as Catwoman. I love her, and think she's amazing. I really would like to see her do something with Nolan and this will be the perfect opportunity.

Not to mention, her possibly in some kind of leather outfit will not be a bad thing.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Tragic, you stole my thunder!

Fantastic casting choices. I think Hatheway will be a great Catwoman. She can play multi-layered characters very well. She also does comedic roles without hamming them up for cheap/non-existent laughs. i.e. She played secret agent 99 or something in the Steve Carrel comedy and she didn't half-ass it or play it as a complete joke.

Bane is also a great choice because he's not as well known to the general public and he won't be the joke he was in Batman & Robin

XIII

Post by XIII »

I think it's a shame they didn't cast Halle Berry as Catwoman. :(

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:I think it's a shame they didn't cast Halle Berry as Catwoman. :(
Die in a fire.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Or why not Megan Fox? Talk about acting depth!

Hathaway seems like a pretty damn good choice.

Bane seems interesting. I wonder what angle they're going to do with Bane. I also wonder whether the choice to go with Bane had something to do with not wanting to use a character that was a main villain in the previous films.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Stocky Boy wrote:Or why not Megan Fox? Talk about acting depth!

Hathaway seems like a pretty damn good choice.

Bane seems interesting. I wonder what angle they're going to do with Bane. I also wonder whether the choice to go with Bane had something to do with not wanting to use a character that was a main villain in the previous films.
I am pretty sure the Joker was out of the question.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

True, but I thought all early indications were pointing to The Riddler as some kind of Joker copy cat or something. Bane seems interesting, and can bring Batman to a street level if Venom is some kind of drug being pushed on the streets or something.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm kinda afraid for this movie. The number 3 in a superhero franchise is always sucky. But I can't imagine Nolan making a bad Batman movie so hopefully, this will break the rule.

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I am really looking forward to this!
All Will be Well!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I think so long as it has Nolan it'll do well. Anyone else and I agree, I'd be very very worried.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm hoping they'll do more of "Bane as evil mastermind" we saw in his first appearance than the recent "Bane is a thug for hire" type we've seen recently. They can make it more of a drug caper with Venom hitting the streets or something similar. I'm intrigued.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

This is old news by now but Justin Gordon-Levitt has been cast in the Batman film as Alberto Falcone, The Holiday Killer from Dark Victory.

I wasn't worried about Nolan's DKR until now. I feel like this film might suffer the same as Spider-man 3 what with the large cast of villians: Catwoman, Bane and now Holiday? I dunno...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm assuming someone will be in jail already, like Falcone, and will act as a very minor villain, or one who Bruce interrogates a few times to get info on the others. Or vice versa perhaps?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Last I heard, JGL was cast but not as Falcone. There was a press statement saying that was incorrect and just a rumor, it hit IMDb and Bleeding Cool. Has it been fully confirmed anywhere?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Yup it has; he's playing a news reporter, nothin big but a solid supporting role in a highly anticipated film. Will it live up to all of Nolan's other achievements? Time will tell