The Batman (Not to be confused with Batman: TAS)

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

The Batman (Not to be confused with Batman: TAS)

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Lately I've been watching the latest iteration of DC's animated television show: The Batman. This first premiered back in 05' but I never really got around to watching it. These past 2 weeks I saw the first two seasons and they're pretty good.

It took me a little bit to get used to the different animation style & voice casting. The show was no Batman: TAS and it was good that they didn't try to be. The animation had a heavier mix of Japanese anime and the voice casting was a complete overhaul. There was no "Bruce Wayne" voice and "Batman voice". The voice actor for Bruce used a similar voice for Batman. The series itself was lighter in tone than Batman: TAS. Watching the special features, this series was more Batman: Year 3. He's still young, not crazy-obsessive and has no sidekicks and doesn't work with Gordon yet.

One of the great things about the new show was Batman's supporting cast. He worked closely with 2 detectives on the Gotham police force named Ethan Bennet & Ellen Yin; it reminded me a little bit of Harvey Bullock & Rene Montoya from TAS. Upon finishing the first season of this series I was so hoping that Bennet & Yin could possibly be incorporated into mainstream DC, however, this series having been ended for well over a year and with the new ultra kiddie show: Batman: the Brave & the Bold now in its second season, it's highly unlikely they'll do it.

Anywayz, it's a good show and worth a watch if you're flipping around want to see some good Batman fun