Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.1

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.1

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I saw HP #7 in theaters just before the holidays and it was a really enjoyable film. Obviously lots of stuff got condensed so they could fit it into a 2 1/2 hour timespan, however, they kept a lot of the important plot points and retained a lot of the raw emotion that was so important for a lot of the characters.

As sad as I am that the novels came to an end and the films are coming to a close, I am also happy that they are ending. It's high time for HP to have its cinematic conclusion.

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

yeah I highly enjoyed it as well. I am kinda hoping for a tales of the beetle bard movie too. even if it is a purely animated movie that is direct to dvd like what they did with Watchman's tales of the black freighter
All Will be Well!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I doubt they'll do it but it would be fun. I loved seeing the one tale in animation in the movie, that was awesome.

I loved the movie and hate when people complain about it over simple things. "It's too violent and should be Rated R" is what one friend said, and that was the straw that broke the camel's back so I finally defriended that asshole (he once sent me a message telling me my depression on Facebook was hurting him and to stop, and he wasn't saying it in the friendly way, what a dick). Then my grandpa complained that they weren't in the school and the long traveling made it boring. Seriously?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I am seeing this tonight.
I have never read the books, and thought the last few movies were awful.

It seems without reading the books, you cannot follow the movies.

I hope this one will be better as it will be split in two and I might have some clue as to whats going on.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

please read the books I know you may think it is a "kids" book but it really is not, at least from the 3rd one on it isn't. the books are well worth the read and anything that was confusing or "sucky" in the movies is awesome and completly explained in the books
All Will be Well!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

wolf_2099 wrote:I am seeing this tonight.
I have never read the books, and thought the last few movies were awful.

It seems without reading the books, you cannot follow the movies.

I hope this one will be better as it will be split in two and I might have some clue as to whats going on.
I, too, would highly recommended reading the books. They are a lot more enjoyable than watching the movies because you get a lot more detail than what is in the films. Though they are aimed at children, they are written intelligently and are for a broader audience (like Pixar films). They do start off very simple but as Sandman says, by the third book they really pick up.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

This movie sucked horrible, unwashed ass.

There mas maybe 30 minutes of dialogue for a 2.5 hours movie, and even less plot.

The people in the theatre were laughing at how bad it was.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm not surprised. I have yet to see a good Harry Potter movie.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

If you've read the books, you'd understand how amazing of an adaptation it is ;)

XIII

Post by XIII »

I have read the book and I think it's all the more reasons to realize how bad the movies are.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

jedispyder wrote:If you've read the books, you'd understand how amazing of an adaptation it is ;)
The fucking problem is, I shouldn't have to read the books to enjoy the movie.

The movie itself is awful. I never once understood what was happening, neither did they 3 people I was with, 2 of which read the books.

If that isn't a failure in film making, then what is?