Ban the Spam for the Environment!

The infinite quest for knowledge and wisdom. Come on in and debate.

Moderator: Junkogen

ChimeraCreative

Ban the Spam for the Environment!

Post by ChimeraCreative »

A study into spam has blamed it for the production of more than 33bn kilowatt-hours of energy every year, enough to power more than 2.4m homes.

The Carbon Footprint of e-mail Spam report estimated that 62 trillion spam emails are sent globally every year.

This amounted to emissions of more than 17 million tons of CO2, the research by climate consultants ICF International and anti-virus firm McAfee found.

Searching for legitimate e-mails and deleting spam used some 80% of energy.

The study found that the average business user generates 131kg of CO2 every year, of which 22% is related to spam.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8001749.stm

Jeez-Us think of all the damage being done here... we have, like, 30 new spammers sign up here everyday. Between all the unemployed folks we harbour here (me included) and the spam we catch, we're a real detriment on society. ^_^
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

fuck the enviroment, long live spam
:chewie:

Python

Post by Python »

They do not take into account that those computers are probably doing other things while spam is being sent out. A lot of spam is sent out using host computers that don't even know that they are being used.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

or that some people uses that spam to buy penis enlargement cream...
:chewie: