War, huh!

The infinite quest for knowledge and wisdom. Come on in and debate.

Moderator: Junkogen

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Wow, I'm more progressive than I thought. 285. Part of it was the recent MASSIVE FUCK-UP of big business that made me give government control more credit than I would have before last week.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

Fasheem wrote:Wow, I'm more progressive than I thought. 285. Part of it was the recent MASSIVE FUCK-UP of big business that made me give government control more credit than I would have before last week.
Only reason I didn't do the same was because I felt the government will fuck up even more lol
YA BETTA ASK SOMEBODDDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

CountD wrote:good grief, bisc!
:cool:
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I got 288. Very progressive. Not too surprised.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

:chewie:

MGM

Post by MGM »

Wait, so the Euro's are the least progressive, asides from Irish? :D

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

IrishCream wrote:Only reason I didn't do the same was because I felt the government will fuck up even more lol
At least the government is TRYING. All the businesses are doing is making sure the execs get their million dollar bonuses.... fuckers.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

Fasheem wrote:At least the government is TRYING. All the businesses are doing is making sure the execs get their million dollar bonuses.... fuckers.
Yeah, and it was the government that purposely inserted/left a loophole in the bill that would allow those bonuses. Of course, once the public caught wind and got pissed, suddenly the politicians were against it. That's why I don't trust politicians. They only seem loyal to poll numbers, not what's best for the people.
YA BETTA ASK SOMEBODDDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

JediMindTrick

Post by JediMindTrick »

286...i see a trend here....And ill get back to the topic at hand soon
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Most people here are pretty liberal on the social issues. I think its the financial questions/issues that people here are differing on; which is causing the different classifications of "liberal".

CountD

Post by CountD »

JediMindTrick wrote:286...i see a trend here....And ill get back to the topic at hand soon
interested am I in your take on things

JediMindTrick

Post by JediMindTrick »

Well, as far as that quiz goes, I thought they were fairly decent questions with fairly accurate results. I do believe it is the government's job to regulate and fix as many of society's problems as possible - without infringing on personal liberties unless absolutely necessary. And our international reputation is absolutely essential to our success both at home and abroad.

As far as war goes, unfortunately I'd call it a necessary evil - when there is no other alternative. People blast Obama for wanting to talk to Iran: Bullshit! What is better? Talking to a "rogue nation" and hopefully finding some common ground, at least enough to cohabitate peacefully, or just go the Bush route, i.e. guns blazing, when you don't even have enough facts to back up your current mission? I say talking is preferred. And Obama made a very very smart choice with Clinton as Sec of State - she's very personable, but at the same time, doesn't back down. That's what we need. And once we do restore our name around the world, war will once again get to be our last choice instead of our first choice to resolve international conflicts.

More to follow when I have time.

CountD

Post by CountD »

It's as old as Funakoshi or Tzu (early eastern philosophers): always try to negotiate before entering conflict.

If all that is gained is some familiarity, even that can be exploited later.

JediMindTrick

Post by JediMindTrick »

And Obi-Wan Kenobi always gained way more from negotiating than from his lightsaber. Case in point!