WWII

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:I ever have a daughter I'm going to name her "Zahara Isis ___" I haven't decided on her last name yet, but those will be her first and middle names.
And it's pretty. I like unorthodox names as well, I just don't know if I'd have the balls to use some of them. I think Lyric is pretty, but does a kid really want to be saddled with that kinda name? But lotsa weird names work out well as middle names (mine's Grey, works like a charm).

If Adam and I had a daughter we'd name her Holiday, Holly for short. ^_^

ChimeraCreative

Junkogen wrote:I thought that was the sole purpose of women.:D
lol, I was drummed outta that Pro-Estrogen/Anti-Balls club a long time ago, when they found out I rub his feet before bed and remember to tape the tv shows he forgets to tape for himself. ^_^

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Holiday is a nice name, and it's not crazy weird and the abbreviation makes it better.

Funny thing about our (my family's names): My father's and my mother's last name are different from each other. My mom refused to take his last name. And this was a hugely scandelous controversy back when they got married in the old country.

All of my siblings and I have the same last name but our last name is different from my dad's last name and my mom's last name. So in my household, there are 3 different last names floating around. This last part isn't a cultural thing, just the weirdness of my parents deciding to, collectively, give us kids, a different last name than both of theirs.

And none of us have middle names.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

ChimeraCreative wrote:lol, I was drummed outta that Pro-Estrogen/Anti-Balls club a long time ago, when they found out I rub his feet before bed and remember to tape the tv shows he forgets to tape for himself. ^_^
Was Edbert the president of that club? :D

ChimeraCreative

Really? That's kinda peculiar. O.o I haven't taken on Adam's last name yet, but I probably will when I get to Canada. I'll be Mrs Israel then. ^_^

I don't understand why you wouldn't give your kids the last name you have now. It works as well as anything, doesn't it?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

My parent's giving us different last names wasn't a religious or cultural thing. Near as I can tell, it just something they did.

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

ChimeraCreative wrote:lol, I was drummed outta that Pro-Estrogen/Anti-Balls club a long time ago,
Sadly, no. This can only happen after We, the United Men of Humanity, receive sworn testimony from your husband under pain of castration about said claims and other relevant information, free from any review or retaliation by the woman.

I regret to inform you that no woman in the history of humanity has been successfully removed from the official classification of a woman as "acting like a bitch and pushing men to early graves."

:D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Take it and love it baby!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Take it allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

*walks in unsuspectingly*

:eek:

Oh my...

*quickly runs out and yells through the door*

How many times have I asked you to light a match or two after you kill someone?

:D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Didn't you see the bloody panties hanging on the doorknob?

I thought we agreed that if you saw those hanging on the doorknob you'd come back later.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:No, just because Zahara rhymes with Sahara doesn't mean Zahara means "Desert".

It's an Egyptian name and I happen to like a lot of things Egyptian, including names. I can understand if people don't like it or think its weird but the only people who I expect will make fun of it in a malicious manner are children and dickheads.
You should definitely read Cairo by Willow Wilson then.

XIII

Post by XIII »

It's so sad she has to die now, just so you can have your wicked ways with her.

I'd never thought Junk was a goddamn German. I might have to reconsider our bond.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

ChimeraCreative wrote:And it's pretty. I like unorthodox names as well, I just don't know if I'd have the balls to use some of them. I think Lyric is pretty, but does a kid really want to be saddled with that kinda name? But lotsa weird names work out well as middle names (mine's Grey, works like a charm).

If Adam and I had a daughter we'd name her Holiday, Holly for short. ^_^
My cousin named her third baby Lyric.

And Zahara is the name of one of Angelina Jolie's kids (the second one) so I would never name a baby that just because I know people would be constantly asking me (and her) about it. It would get real fucking old.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

MGM

Post by MGM »

That you know this astounds me to no end.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

MGM wrote:That you know this astounds me to no end.
I quit reading the tabloids around kid #4 so I don't know any of the names after that.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

XIII wrote:It's so sad she has to die now, just so you can have your wicked ways with her.

I'd never thought Junk was a goddamn German. I might have to reconsider our bond.
You prejudiced motherfucker! I'm an American.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Fasheem wrote:I quit reading the tabloids around kid #4 so I don't know any of the names after that.
The astonishment remains standing.

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Mr Wallstreet wrote: Funny thing about our (my family's names): My father's and my mother's last name are different from each other. My mom refused to take his last name. And this was a hugely scandelous controversy back when they got married in the old country.

All of my siblings and I have the same last name but our last name is different from my dad's last name and my mom's last name. So in my household, there are 3 different last names floating around. This last part isn't a cultural thing, just the weirdness of my parents deciding to, collectively, give us kids, a different last name than both of theirs.

And none of us have middle names.
One of my buddies in DAAD has the same situation. She and her sister both have two last names instead of just the one.

My brother and I have two middle names. We've got the first name which was chosen cause my parent's liked them, (rumor has it I was named after a spy from an old TV show) and our middle names are the names of our grandparents. Ex. My first middle name is my dad's mom's name, and my second is my mom's mom's name.

And Zahara Isis is a lovely name. :D
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

My parents both have different last names, my mom kept hers. Me and my brother however both have my fathers last name.

I want to know what happens when 2 of these hypenated double last name kids marry each other. Do they then have 4 last name? Fucking ridiculous.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."