WWII

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise to me that you play cricket, now should it? :D

Do you follow cricket? My boss is really into it. He went to England vs. someone last Friday.

5 hours is a bit of a bitch commute though!

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Stocky Boy wrote:I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise to me that you play cricket, now should it? :D

Do you follow cricket? My boss is really into it. He went to England vs. someone last Friday.

Netherlands. and we got beat:eek:

Still we qualified for the next stage which is more than we can say for those aussie pricks.

Im assuming wally that you were just having a game with mates and not playing for an actual team?

Do you even have leagues in your local area?
:chewie:

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Stocky Boy wrote:I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise to me that you play cricket, now should it? :D

Tell me about it. I spend more time traveling to, and from, the playing field than actually playing.

I'm a casual Cricket fan. If I stumble across a match on television, I'll watch it. Most times I don't watch it because the only network that provides regular coverage of Cricket matches is available via Satelite and I don't have Satelite; I have Cablevision.
CBKA wrote:
Im assuming wally that you were just having a game with mates and not playing for an actual team?

Do you even have leagues in your local area?
No we don't have any leagues or official teams. The teams we create before a match are informal and change every week; also the size of the team is determined by the number of people present. Usually we get a pretty decent turnout; roughly 20people or so.

What about you guys? Do you play and/or follow Cricket as well?

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Netherlands! That was it. He's booked off this Friday as well for another match.

I'm not big into cricket, but I did end up going to Lords for some company conference. Got to see the grounds.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Tell me about it. I spend more time traveling to, and from, the playing field than actually playing.

I'm a casual Cricket fan. If I stumble across a match on television, I'll watch it. Most times I don't watch it because the only network that provides regular coverage of Cricket matches is available via Satelite and I don't have Satelite; I have Cablevision.

No we don't have any leagues or official teams. The teams we create before a match are informal and change every week; also the size of the team is determined by the number of people present. Usually we get a pretty decent turnout; roughly 20people or so.

What about you guys? Do you play and/or follow Cricket as well?
Espn has the rights to the twenty20 world cup, right?

I suppose im kind of lucky on the league front, my area has 1 of the best local leagues and numerous clubs

I don't play cricket anymore although i played reguarily when i was younger both for a club and for my school. I considered getting back into it awhile back but never followed through with it. also try to watch all england matches (or part of them) and some of lancashire county matches too.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Stocky Boy wrote:Netherlands! That was it. He's booked off this Friday as well for another match.

I'm not big into cricket, but I did end up going to Lords for some company conference. Got to see the grounds.
so is your boss a big cricket fan or a big piss head lol. went to a t20 game at old trafford before and it was of the messiest days of my life, atleast what i can remember of it:rotate:

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

[Arianna Huffington.[/]

Summer update:

Summer is more than half gone and it's been enjoyable so far. Usually on Friday's after work, my co-workers and some other friends head out for some post-work fun. First 2 weeks we hit up Central Park where every week they've got some big event set up for the summer. First week we saw Shakespeare in the Park, and the second week it was National Phil Harmonic. Third week we took a break from the park went to see a Roller Derby match. I'd never seen or heard of Roller derby before this and I'm still not quite sure what its supposed to be. But it was an okay way to kill a few hours. I believe this up coming

The Summer hasn't been all fun 'n' games. As per the usual the summer is my busiest time of the year at work with an annual audit looming on the horizon. its coming up faster and faster with the deadline being September 1. Here's hoping I can make it.

Two of my good friends are moving out of New York. One is moving to Washington D.C. for a job and another is moving to Delaware. I have shed many tears and semen for them. They will be missed.

I have tentatively begun volunteering my time for a charity that aids poor children in recieving an education. I say "tentatively" because I don't know if I am going to fully commit to it just yet. I don't know if they require a minimum # of hours or how flexible they are as well anything else. My only reason for even attending the first 2 of this charity's meetings was because a friend of mine called me up and asked me to come to one of the meetings. I kind of got guilted into going; on my way there I figured I'd just go to one meeting and decline any further attempt to get me to volunteer. Shockingly, I found myself interested enough in the cause to want to go to their second meeting. The people seem pretty cool and non-douchey or crazily liberal but we'll see how it goes.

Lastly, my workout schedule is proceeding nicely. I get 2 hours of jogging done early in the morning on weekends and on weekdays I do a lot of walking to and from work and during my lunch hour; and starting next week I'm going to work in a little bit weight training on a regular basis.

That is mine Summer so far.

Hope everyone else is doing well and having a gay old time.

[Arianna Huffington[/i]

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Been a rough week.

I took off from work yesterday to go to the hospital with a friend so she could undergo a minor surgical procedure. Happily all went well, despite some leakage from the incision later.

Got home to find out that another friend's wife got into a car accident. No news yet about how bad it is, but it looks like she'll pull though without any permanent damage (hopefully).

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Leakage?! :X

Best wishes and prayers to your friend's wife, I really hope she's o.k. (and you're leaky friend too).
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Many thanks Biscuit.

Its been a few weeks and everything looks like it'll be okay. My friend is doing well since her procedure.

My other friend's wife is also doing well (mostly). She accident messed up her neck, though thankfully its not broken, and caused a herniated disc in back. She's in physical therapy now.

Everything else is pretty much business as usual.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY NOM NOM CHOOM!

:chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie::chewie: :bananawave:
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Happy Birthday!

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Happy Birthday! :D
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

XIII

Post by XIII »

Happy birthday!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thank you CC, Stocky, Bisc and XIII for the birthday wishes.

I feel just a little older in my bones and just little bit more senile in my mind a few days ago, so we'll see how this whole "aging" thing goes. Didn't do anything for my birthday due to Ramadan, but once its over, my friends are taking me out to celebrate so I'm cautiously looking forward to that.

CountD

Post by CountD »

Happy belated birthday

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thank you D, you sexy beast :)

With Ramadan over, its time to get back into working out.

During the summer, I was jogging 2 hours a day, 3 days a week. It was great. I slimmed down quite a bit. The plan was to thin out then start working on my abs, upper body and biceps. Unfortunately, just as I was going to start working out on those parts, Ramadan started so I stopped working out completely for the next 4 weeks.

This past Sunday I got back to working out. Not having jogged in 4 weeks, I didn't do my usual 2 hours; instead I did only 50 minutes, which is not bad. Its more than I expected to do. I also started benchpressing. I'm now looking on Amazon.com for a decent ab-pro machine that'll give me the sexy washboard abs that I deserve.

This Saturday I plan to jog for an hour and a half and increase the # of sets I do while benching. I plan on having a flat belly before I start working on the abs. Hopefully that won't take me too long.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I am envious of your upcoming sexy flat belly. Mine is growing with every passing day. :(

MGM

Post by MGM »

I try to get rid of mine, but it's oh so difficult. Beer and coke are calling my name!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:I am envious of your upcoming sexy flat belly. Mine is growing with every passing day. :(
Box. Seriously.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."