Cogito, Ergo Doleo

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I decided to create a blog for reviews and recipes. So far it got a momentary kick up after doing a review for the movie Drones and the director (Amber Benson) retweeted the link. After that, not much. I'm going to keep chugging away, doing an entry every few days if I can. Hopefully at some point another celeb will retweet the post so I can get more exposure...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

This week I'm also going on vacation with my mom and stepdad. Leaving Wednesday and getting back either Tuesday or Wednesday, not sure which. Going to Maine, a state I've wanted to go for about 15 years since I started reading Stephen King novels. Should be great! We're going to hit Acadia National Park, hopefully check out a few lighthouses, and stay one night in Bangor (aka Stephen King's town!).

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Take pictures! I hear Maine is beautiful.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Hope you really enjoy it and yes, be sure to take some photos!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

We're hoping the leaves will begin to change color while we're there, due to the drought they say this year will be the most vibrant in a long time.

I'll definitely take pics and post them on Facebook. From what I remember my stepdad saying, the place we're staying in for half the trip has WiFi but not sure if it's free or not. Either way, if I have to, I'll just go over my data limit to post the stuff.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Don't worry about posting them while you're there. Focus on the trip itself rather than sharing it. Share it when you get back so that you can enjoy as much of it as you can. We'll keep an eye out for them when you're back!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

True! Yet, if I stew for too long I get incredibly bored, lol. Damn ADHD! So when we have downtime, I'll likely be messing around online (especially when I get bored of reading, or get distracted midpage and want to look something up, etc). I won't make an effort to post them, but if I get bored I'll likely update some just for the fun of it...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Got home last night. Don't want to be home. Would rather just up and move to Maine. Such a beautiful state...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Dan is trying to set me up with a friend of his. He's having a party at our place to make use of the fire pit since it's cold and is begging me to finally make an appearance (evidently his friends wonder why I'm rarely there, lol). Yet this one girl in particular he thinks I'll hit it off with. He was talking to her the other day and it slowly kicked in that she and I seem to have similar interests. He forced her to send me a friend request on Facebook and really wants me at the fire pit to meet her.

My Fight or Flight instinct tells me to not go home after work, to avoid the whole thing. Yet I can't do that, even though I want to, I just know I can't. My mind has been buzzing with fear all day long. I really fucking hate my mind.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

The Fire Pit Party ended up being awesome. Didn't really talk to the girl too much as she was mostly with her friends, but we did chat some. And I think we both acted ok towards each other, even though drunkDan kept trying to push me towards her.

Yet I did choose this as the one time a year for me to get drunk. And I may have offended her, lol. She's a vegetarian and she tried to tell me it's so animal products get wasted on the shelf which would get companies to realize they should produce less. tipsy/drunkMe told her that's a pretty ridiculous reason to be vegetarian and that the meat isn't going to sit there as long as fat Americans buy multiple double cheeseburgers at a time. I didn't intend it as offensive but I can see how it may have been (plus she wasn't drinking the whole time at all except for coffee).

She was ok but I really didn't get to spend too much time with her. Dan forced her to friend me on Facebook but I don't know if she's on it that often.

Now as for the Fire Pit Party, it was fan-fucking-tastic. As I mentioned earlier, I decided to get drunk/tipsy. Lean more towards drunk, lol. I went with the straight punch of half cup of Pumpkin Vodka and half cup of Bailey's Irish Cream with a bit of light cream mixed in. Then after that, I went with chocolate milk and half a cup of Kahulha and a dash of the remaining Bailey's. After that the night was more fun because the crowd had separated out and it was easier to find people to actually talk to.

I did sort of start crushing on a cute redhead, but she's taken by this awesome dude that looks like Seth Rogen.

Fun fun fun night.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Got my hair cut shorter than normal and had an interviewer jokingly ask me "Is Chris working today?" and that I looked 10 years younger lol. Hair has always been a "let's keep it long aaaaand now it's all chopped off" type of thing for me, going up and down in preference. Evidently people prefer it short like this...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

If the universe does finish synching up, I may be moving from night shift to day shift! I've been working night shift for almost 12 years and I've wanted out for many of those.

At our usual Thursday meeting it was announced my brother will likely be moving to our main office, something he's wanted as long as I've wanted day shift. When our boss asked if anyone would be interested in days and I emphatically said "yes" evidently it shocked everyone else (even my brother, who thought I wouldn't want it). Don't know why, I tried to get on day shift 2-3 years ago when the last day shift supervisor was fired. Yet when I said it this time, no one expected it.

Being on night shift makes me feel like I'm in a small bubble. The small amount of friends I have work during the day so I can never do anything with them. Trying to meet new people makes it difficult working nights. Now I do expect that if I go to days, I'll be a bit depressed once I realize how shitty life can be for me when I stop using night shift as a reason for my problems when it's really not. Yet in the long run, I think it will be very beneficial to me to escape while I can.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I feel like an old man because I'm getting tired at 11pm now. While I don't have too much problem getting up early for day shift, it's the nights that are killer form. I was so used to staying up until 4am or so due to night shift that working on day shift it throwing it all off.

So far work on days has been boring. I've been reading a lot, to say the least.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Quarterly checkup with my doctor tomorrow. Worried as hell as I always am. I don't think I really lost any weight and that likely means a disappointing and depressing visit.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

My mom and stepdad went and bought a new place. They had talked about it for awhile and just suddenly took the dive.

She's trying to urge me into buying her condo, something I really don't want to do. For one, I don't have money available for something like that. I don't make a lot and the bills would be too much for me. And, that would likely push me into being a hermit except for the occasional RPG. I don't do much with Dan but I at least get to socialize a bit and he tries to include me when his friends come over. If I move into their place, that wouldn't happen as much. My mental psyche is already on a fringe towards me being secluded from everything, I don't want to push it anymore.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

How many bedrooms in the condo? Any chance you could have Dan move in and rent from you?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

He's not interested, it'd actually be worse for him since there isn't a backyard and he uses our backyard all the time for shindigs with his friends. And it's smaller than our current place. The only thing that makes me want to move is it'd be weather-wise cooler for me in terms of sleeping, lol.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

THen just say you can't do it!
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I've told her 3 times no so far and she keeps bugging me about it, which is frustrating. She really doesn't mean to do it but that's how she usually works. Such as every once in awhile she asks why I'm not doing as much work as my brother (I took his place when he moved to the main office). I tell her she doesn't understand and to leave it alone, yet every month or so she'll bring it back up again. I love my mom but she sure can be frustrating to talk to at times.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Ok, this is weird. The girl I went on a coffee date with over a year ago? She randomly texted me "hey" with a smiley face this morning. Since it had been well over a year since we had last talked, I obviously had deleted her number so I had no clue who it was that texted. We didn't really get together that great and I honestly don't know if I want to respond. I felt we didn't really synch up or have much in common. The perv in me, of course, wants to keep texting but I know nothing would work out between us.