Cogito, Ergo Doleo

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Good luck comrade!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Good luck!
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Good luck bro!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Didn't get it because I suck at programming, basically. It's been 6 years since I worked on any coding and the "demonstration" was something I had absolutely no clue how to do. They said if I can re-learn enough and get to a point where I can better understand the material I can re-apply. I knew I wasn't good enough but they insisted I interview for it. I did hope I'd be able to escape but I don't think so. To get back to understanding the material I'm guessing I'd have to go back to college. Hopefully I underestimate myself...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure not having done it for awhile definitely takes some getting used to. I'm sure it'll just take some time reworking with it, but hope it comes along for you soon.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Sorry about it not working out but it's always good to apply, this way you have no regrets.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Finally built myself a new computer. Had some trouble but I won't go into details as I know no one really cares. None-the-less, it works now which is great.

At some point in the next month or two I need to find a new place to live as Dan is buying the house and wants me out. It was supposed to happen at the end of last year but some stuff happened where he couldn't buy the house right away. I haven't started looking yet but likely will soon.

The first of April I have an appointment with a consultation for a psychiatrist as suggested by my physician. This isn't going to be long term but more along the lines of helping me get officially diagnosed, get me on meds for the chemical imbalance, and hopefully find me a long-term psychiatrist.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Found an apartment to move into. Rent was a tad more than I wanted but it's got a lot of space, which is both good and bad. Good that I have open space now, bad because I have no furniture! It still needs some cleaning before I fully move in but hopefully I'll be able to start in the next few days. It has 2 floors plus a small basement. Large living room, dining room, and a kitchen. 2 bedrooms, 1 full bath. I have a small yard which will be nice to grill out on or lounge around.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm trying to finish up the move but getting bogged down. My meds were increased a couple weeks ago and I really don't think they're working, I basically feel exactly the same as I did before. I know they say it'll take a month or longer to work but it's getting very frustrating. I wish things were better.

XIII

Post by XIII »

You don't need furniture. Just have piles of comics everywhere. :)

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I can make furniture out of long boxes!

Yesterday was the big push and we got a large chunk of stuff moved over, including my bed and bookcases. The only really big thing left is my elliptical, which I could likely disassemble and load up in my car if needed. I'm officially living in the new place and just need to get a dozen or so miscellaneous small boxes over.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

My grandpa passed away last week but we didn't find out about it until Friday night. Very tragic, we didn't truly expect it because overall he was so healthy.

Today I helped with clearing out the house since he had a lot of things. Hundreds of magazines that will need to be recycled.

I also asked mom about my biological grandpa. See, the thing is, my grandpa is actually a great guy who married my mom's mom after she already had my mom. What happened is my grandma (who I sadly never met) was with my biological grandpa for about 9 years or so, but he was married and never wanted to divorce his wife but still wanted to be with my grandma. When she became pregnant, he still refused to divorce his wife. So he paid some guy to marry my grandma and claim she was pregnant with his child. That marriage was a sham but it was the 1950s and society was different back then. So my grandma eventually met my grandpa and they started dating. He proposed in a cute way of saying, "I guess if we want to get married you're going to have to get divorced first."

One thing I'd love to find out about is any relatives from my biological grandpa. He was supposedly sterile yet evidently not. His last name was Craven, though, which makes me wonder if he could be any relation to Wes Craven. Wes Craven is from Cleveland, Ohio whereas this other Craven is from Dayton. It's probably unlikely but still would be cool.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Sorry to hear about your grandfather passing away. I know that's never an easy thing to deal with.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Thanks but we're doing fine for the most part. It's been good being able to bring up memories of him as we clean out his house. I found two mechanical coin banks that I very distinctly remember him showing me multiple times when I was at his house when I was little, as well as several comic book memorabilia that he got. He used to own some prime Silver Age issues but he sold those many years ago.

Yesterday we also found out that my aunt in Kentucky passed away as well (we don't know the details yet, they left a voicemail for dad saying it happened in the middle of May and the funeral is already over and done with).

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm proud of myself, I actually fought back for something. Friday is going to be an RPG and our usual location will be full so we were trying to go to another house. I offered my new place with the stipulation that parking wasn't superb. Another guy basically took over and said "mine is a mess but ok, we can do it there." I went back with how I was fine doing it at my place, yet he returned with basically "everyone knows mine" and left it at that. I almost caved in but it really frustrated me, it felt like no one wanted to come over (which I already felt since no one asked to check out the place). I actually posted back saying there was no reason to automatically count mine out. I wanted to say I felt like he was making the decision for the group. Everyone else chimed in and said that we'd have it at my place as a partial home warming as well. I'm glad I argued back, normally I would have taken it and gotten pissy without saying anything.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Well done!

jedispyder

Re: Cogito, Ergo Doleo

Post by jedispyder »

So a lot of stuff has gone on recently:

- In a few days it'll be a full year of me living on my own.
- I got a job transfer at the beginning of March and I'm now a web programmer and fucking loving every second of it. I'm at the main office and everything just feels better. I never really understood how some of my feeling like shit may have been due to me not being happy with what I do.
- In the beginning of June I am going to work on a film set as a production assistant. Guessing grunt work and anything miscellaneous. The movie is called Don't Fuck In The Woods and it's an indie horror a little over an hour away from me. Should be a lot of fun!
- Now that my work schedule has changed a few friends are getting me to go out with them to try new restaurants in an area of the city that has not always been safe (yay gentrification for changing all that!)
- Also with work I'm actually socializing more with people that can hold a competent conversation, as well as doing things with people near my own age.

Overall the last few months have been very good to me.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Month and a half later and I've worked 9 days total on a movie set. For the movie DFITW we did 2 different blocks (4 days and then 2 days) and I just got done working on set of a short A Twisted Fate (3 days). Incredibly amazing time, I was script supervisor as well as slate (so I'd announce what scene/take we were on and make notes of whether it was good or not and things to review). The assistant director of DFITW was the director of ATF and got me to help him out on that.

I really hope I get to do this more often as I had an absolute blast on set each time with great people. Had a bit of trouble with one guy on DFITW but everyone reassured me it was just that guy and the issues weren't real.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Nice, that sounds awesome!

Krista and I just did a bit of extra work for a local filmed movie.

Movie sets are fun, it was interesting to see.

Any idea wghen either of the flicks you were helping with will be released?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Hopefully in autumn. I know with the short they want to show it in front of another movie they made, which they're premiering in mid-October or so in a theatre. No clue if it'll get a dvd release or not. Don't Fuck in the Woods...who the hell knows. We're still trying to film a few final scenes with no real set dates as to when, and I'm not even sure I'll be able to go back up for those.