Architect working as an advisor

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

How long have you had the flu for now?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

It kicked in last Friday. I'm going to work tomorrow again, although I'm not 100% fit. But the bed and the couch only have so much appeal. That, and it's just one day to the weekend. :D

Lost 2.5 kg, I think. Maybe a bit less. To be fair, I needed to lose weight anyway. Although I was training pretty hard (for me), I wasn't losing weight or that fat on the middle. At least that's halfway now, only now I have to do something about power again.

XIII

Post by XIII »

When it comes to referee, that Kuipers dude of yours... What a terrible ref. I'm not a fan of Paris SG but clearly the guy was influenced by Mourinho pre-game press conference.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I heard the Zlatan card was a red one (dangerous play), but that he missed two or three others. Too bad for him.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I bruised my toes during training. :(

I was supposed to reach my target weight in a month, but without training twice a week that won't happen. Ugh.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Bruised or broken?

Bruised toes aren't so bad.

How did you do it?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Bruised. I'll not by training this week, I suppose

Front kick that was still going slightly upward met a hard block going downward. In about the first minute of training, so I trained about 75 minutes on it after that.

In other news: krav maga course in two weeks!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Ah, the training on it after always makes it far worse than it has any right to be.

Let me know how Krav Maga goes, I would be curious.

MGM

Post by MGM »

It's annoying, there's no way I can properly kick, run or jump this way. I suppose I could go and try just boxing, but our warming up consists of things my foot doesn't really like at the moment.

I'm very curious about Krav Maga. It's a four-week course, 8 lessons max (although I already know I can't go to one, so I'm hoping to do 7). Their promo video looks promising.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Sooo... my ulinar nerve (elbow). It's been annoyed for two weeks now. Common sense says I should be taking it easy. Meaning, no martial arts. But I really feel like training, especially with Krav Maga coming up next week. I'll probably cripple my arm. :D

Speaking of KM, went to see a training last Wednesdays. Interesting, but also not exactly what I'd expected. Pretty much no full contact at all. It was all technique training. It didn't look as intensive as our average kickbox training, but who knows. I'll know more next Wednesday.

Oh and Cam, when are you coming out here to train with us for a bit? :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

As soon as I can afford it!
And regularly train for a few months beforehand.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Do you have the heatwave too, up there?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yep! I don't really mind, to be honest. It's supposed to cool down again tomorrow to a mild 24 degrees.

XIII

Post by XIII »

It's been over 35 since Tuesday here. 38 all weekend long. At night, the temp drops to 26 at best. It's gonna last until Wednesday then we get a break of 2 days (29!!!) and it starts all over again with a 39 expected next weekend. This is a fucking strain on both body and mind.

MGM

Post by MGM »

You guys have it much worse than us. It's been 25+ for about 10, 12 days, but only the last four or five were 30+. I think they were 35+. Only one night it was 25, the other nights it was about 20. Since last night it's been about 22, 24 degrees and it will be that way the next week or so.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Do you have room for 4? We'll be there tomorrow in the evening. :D

MGM

Post by MGM »

Sure. Even better, we have a basement where the temperature is probably about 17, 18 degrees. Just the one thing, you can't get out while we're upstairs. But hey, a little discomfort for those temperatures should not be a problem, right?

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'll pay you for the basement!

MGM

Post by MGM »

Deal. Fixed price or depending on the actual temperature?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Whoooo!! Vacation tomorrow.

First surf camp for a week in Portugal, then a couple of days in Porto (checking out all the port houses and all that). The weather's pretty good there, and I'm definitely looking forward to (learning how to) surf. This should be fun.