Architect working as an advisor

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Ack, hope you feel better soon!

XIII

Post by XIII »

Hey, what's this about having to work one day less at your job you mentioned on Facebook? Everything alright?

MGM

Post by MGM »

The economy is shitty.

My company basically does two things: we advise on technical installations and we advise on building physics. I do the latter. There's hardly any work in that field at the moment, though. So all the building physics people have been asked to think about ways to either make more money or cut the costs (which basically means: could you work less?). Since there's a fuckload of work in the other field, I'm trying to make it so that I'll work 1 or 2 days on the installations part and the remaining days on my own field. We actually do need people for that, but I've got zero experience in it (and we need people with experience). They're looking into the possibility, though.

The thing is, I could try and see if I can find another job, but 1. I like it here and 2. I wouldn't be able to find any.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Well, you working installations would save them the process of recruiting someone. Also, you may zero experience but you know the company and the people. Would it be hard to train you on this? Do you have knowledge in this field?
I hope it all works out ok for you!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

What does the training take?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

Since I noticed I only pay half attention to TV shows and music, while also fiddling with my phone and Facebook, I figured I'll try a month without FB. Especially since I hardly do anything with it anyway.

So let's see if I actually make it to this board a bit more often. :D

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm getting to the point where mainly only use Facebook for games. I try to start conversations with people yet they all mainly fall flat.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Although already over a week ago, Natascha and I saw Depeche Mode last week.

Absolutely fucking awesome.

Although I would've made a few different choices in rhythm in the show, it was fabulous. Corbijn's stage was great as well. Too bad they didn't play anything of my favorite two albums (but yeah, 'real' Mode fans dislike those two), you can't really discuss with performing A question of time, Enjoy the silence and Personal Jesus straight after each other.

I would go the Antwerp in Janury to see them again, if I hadn't seen them at Werchter this summer already.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Nice! It's such a great when you love a band and you see them live and they live up to your expectations.

MGM

Post by MGM »

At Werchter they disappointed a bit. Had more to do with the fact that they weren't really playing a festival set than anything else. At a festival there are loads of people who don't really know all your music, so if you do Enjoy the silence and Personal Jesus back-to-back, just don't follow up with something acoustic.

But last week was absolutely fantastic. Crowd went wild and all that.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I see what you mean. Also festival sets are usually shorter.

MGM

Post by MGM »

True, it was 5 songs shorter (I checked :D).

Still, I can't get over the fact that people really go wild at I just can't get enough, while they've got much stronger songs.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Motherfuck. The wifi connector of my iPhone gave out and when I finally figured out what was wrong I was one week out of my warranty period. Considering the repair costs (240 euro's), I figured I'd try myself. Now it finds my wifi, but not my carrier. That's even worse.

I suppose a new one is in order.

And on a different motherfuck: I seem to have an injury. My knuckle hurts when I simply but on my bandages, let alone the boxing glove. It's been over two weeks now (well, longer, but over two weeks since I last trained), I suppose I might have to see a doc soon or something.

XIII

Post by XIII »

When it rains, it pours!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Ack, that sucks! Hopefully it means something good is coming up!

XIII

Post by XIII »

How's work anyway?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Pretty busy.

And two wisdom teeth down. Two to go.

XIII

Post by XIII »

It's a wonder you got wisdom teeth in the first place.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Just remember: I'll even have less wisdom henceforth.

MGM

Post by MGM »

And the last two done today. The upper one was no problem, but the lower one was a bit more interesting. It took quite a bit of time and extra anaesthetic (twice!) and fuck, did it bleed for hours. Not to mention the pain when I took a sip of water, that I was rather unprepared for.

But it's doing well now (let's see how I feel when the anaesthetic wears off...).

Also, yes: no wisdom at all anymore. Not that there was ever any doubt.