Lazy Person's Guide to Eating

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

MGM

Post by MGM »

What's TOEIC stand for?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

According to Google, its Test of English for International Communication.

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Fasheem wrote:I teach TOEIC and Conversation.
Conversation huh? Do you teach them slang, wit and sarcasm? :)
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Test of English International.... I forget. *google* Test of English for International Communication. It's basically business English.

Trying to teach it to freshmen is harder than I expected. I went in assuming that high school seniors generally took the test but apparently they do not.

I had to go get another health check for more visa red tape today. I am "low weight"! Damn protein powder isn't doing its damn job! Down to 55kg. I eat ramen every day I don't understand why this is happening.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

The French Biscuit wrote:Conversation huh? Do you teach them slang, wit and sarcasm? :)
Hell no.

My opinion is that slang is something you should learn from your friends otherwise you are just not going to use it correctly. Slang is actually very high level English, there's no point in teaching it to beginners unless it's really basic like "hey" instead of "hi" or something. And then they should just pick it up from my mannerisms.

Wit and sarcasm are even harder. I've heard Koreans often have trouble with sarcasm in general, I've noticed this but I'm not sure, I think it could just be that their level is not high enough to throw that into the mix. I do attempt to teach some sarcasm, mostly through "teasing" which I love to do because I'm evil.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Any of them you want to throttle, or conversely high-five?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Fasheem wrote:I had to go get another health check for more visa red tape today. I am "low weight"! Damn protein powder isn't doing its damn job! Down to 55kg. I eat ramen every day I don't understand why this is happening.
Exactly what is the problem with low weight?

The French Biscuit

Fasheem wrote: I had to go get another health check for more visa red tape today. I am "low weight"! Damn protein powder isn't doing its damn job! Down to 55kg. I eat ramen every day I don't understand why this is happening.
That is pretty low, given that you're taller than me but we're pretty much the same weight now.

Don't they have donuts in South Korea? :)
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Crank up the carb intake!

Calorific value is what it's all about. Carbs generally carry the higher calorie values. Especially the refined, sugary stuff.
Bread and cake. Bread and cake!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I don't want to get FAT! Korea has fabulous donuts. There is a donut shop on every corner. But I don't want to get FAT! It'll go straight to my stomach area. Nooooooo thank you.

I don't actually believe there is a problem with low weight, at least not this weight. I have 10 more lbs to go before I'm in what I consider the danger zone.

I had a bunch of spaghetti with tofu and a protein shake last night.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

The guy who wrote the Nightcrawler one shot coming out on Wednesday accepted my friend request and sent me a PM. :fuckyou:

I'm fucking determined to beat Biscuit out for "Nerdiest Female Poster".

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Drink milk.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

Fasheem wrote:I don't want to get FAT! Korea has fabulous donuts. There is a donut shop on every corner. But I don't want to get FAT! It'll go straight to my stomach area. Nooooooo thank you.

I don't actually believe there is a problem with low weight, at least not this weight. I have 10 more lbs to go before I'm in what I consider the danger zone.

I had a bunch of spaghetti with tofu and a protein shake last night.
You have to lift weights or exercise to gain muscle mass. You can't just drink tons of protein.
:chewie:

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I do exercise. How do you think I've been losing weight in the first place? The last leg of my 90 minute commute (most of which is not sitting) is a hike up a mountain.

The French Biscuit

Fasheem wrote:The guy who wrote the Nightcrawler one shot coming out on Wednesday accepted my friend request and sent me a PM. :fuckyou:

I'm fucking determined to beat Biscuit out for "Nerdiest Female Poster".
What did he say?

This I gotta see. :hehehm:
Biscuit AWAY!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

He said: "Are you really in Seoul? If you are I can forgive you for not coming to the book signing." Only he was way funnier and more clever.

He is super duper cute. Now that I'm not speaking to Chris again (yes again), I needed someone to fill the hole. Recreational stalking is all the relationship I can handle right now. <3

I have decided that I enjoy my job and that Thursday, the only day when I really have to work, is actually the BEST day and not the worst. Go me!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Tonight I got drunk with a bunch of my students and some coworkers and then we (coworkers) got pizza with corn on it, and then we all took the subway home and I ended up taking someone to the cat shelter with me. I am awful!

MGM

Post by MGM »

Urh... how is it awful to take someone to the cat shelter?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Urh... how is it awful to take someone to the cat shelter?
I was wondering what that even means.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

"Hey guys, let's get drunk and go to the cat shelter! It'll be AWESOME!" :doh:

Maybe not awful, just really really weird. It wasn't quite like that anyway, I admitted that the reason I couldn't stay out too late was that I had to go take care of the cats, then someone tagged along because he practically lives right next door to the place. (Actually 2 doors down.)

And now I just cleaned the whole house except the living room because for some reason roommate decided to go to sleep in his room with the door open and I don't want to wake him up by vacuuming in there and stuff.