Lazy Person's Guide to Eating

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

Fasheem

Lazy Person's Guide to Eating

Post by Fasheem »

After the third or so conversation where someone asked me what I eat only to be met with puzzled silence, I decided it's time to get back into this "eating" thing.

This is not a recipe thread, okay. I've tried that. I'M TOO LAZY. I'd have to go to the store and spend way more money than I want to and then come home and cook and then do the dishes and JUST NO.

I've got 1kg of protein powder. What can I put it in? Anything that it will mix into without leaving huge yucky lumps?

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Uh, milk might be a good start since it has calcium and vitamin D (goes great with protein).

Fruit juice maybe, or that fruit & veggie juice stuff as another option but that rings "will not work" bells in my head for some reason.

Other option is to eat out or buy food that you stick in the microwave then throw-away the dishes it came in.
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

No microwave, and I am lazy AND cheap. Eating out and premade food is expensive.

I'm currently mixing it with this "peach" juice and the taste is okay but the lumps are a real problem. I've been eating it in paste form because drinking it is too gross.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Sorry about the post-whoring in your thread. I will stop that immediately

The French Biscuit

No microwave?!

Well, what about a blender or are you already using one? A really fast beating would get rid of the lumps. :D
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

No microwave, no blender. We have very minimal kitchen supplies 'round here. (Another reason I do not want to cook.) (This time I'm only talking about my apartment, not the whole country.)

The French Biscuit

O.k., how about this.

You make friends with people who do enjoy cooking and just "invite" yourself over to their place as often as possible.

Snag is they'll probably ask you to help with the dishes at some point. Unless you perfect the art of leaving before that time comes.
Biscuit AWAY!

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

I put protein powder in smoothies. mmmmm...smoothies. Banana, strawberry, peanut butter, blueberry, yogurt, apple, and carrot.

It's so tasty.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

The French Biscuit wrote:O.k., how about this.

You make friends with people who do enjoy cooking and just "invite" yourself over to their place as often as possible.

Snag is they'll probably ask you to help with the dishes at some point. Unless you perfect the art of leaving before that time comes.
No, they usually don't ask for help with the dishes. I mean, I WOULD NEVER DO THAT. :rolleyes:

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Junkogen wrote:I put protein powder in smoothies. mmmmm...smoothies. Banana, strawberry, peanut butter, blueberry, yogurt, apple, and carrot.

It's so tasty.
Peanut butter, now there's an idea. I did the yogurt thing this morning, it was okay.

The French Biscuit

Fasheem wrote:No, they usually don't ask for help with the dishes. I mean, I WOULD NEVER DO THAT. :rolleyes:
:D Problem solved!
Biscuit AWAY!

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

Fasheem wrote:Peanut butter, now there's an idea. I did the yogurt thing this morning, it was okay.
Oh yeah, and milk. That's key. Otherwise the smoothie is way too thick and is like drinking liquid concrete.

You should definitely experiment with the smoothie concept. I can easily drink a whole pitcher at a time. It's soooo good.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Looks like I will have to buy a blender.

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

It's definitely a good investment. Nothing really puts a capstone on working out like a smoothie....

Well, I guess a good orgasm, but aside from that. ;)

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

Red meat goes excellent in a smoothie. That and baby birds.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Maybe mixing the powder into a small amount of liquid and giving it a really good churning with the spoon then adding more liquid? That's how I add cornstarch to liquids at least and keep the lumps out. I've never used protein powder before, sorry. My only other suggestion is to trade a 1kg bag of protein powder for a 1kg bag of rice. ^_^

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

RICE?? I might as well just eat chips and pop all day! Same health benefits yeeeesh.

I chose the protein powder because it contains protein and vitamins, two very good things.

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

Fasheem wrote: I chose the protein powder because it contains protein and vitamins, two very good things.
You know what else contains protein and vitamins...:p

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Chicken?

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

Fasheem wrote:Chicken?
Close. It comes from something sometimes referred to as a chicken when it's being "choked." ;)