Flaming First Thread

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

The French Biscuit wrote: I've just switched to fish because it's healthier than red meat. Nothin' to do with "faces" or stuff like that. I'm not that full of it. :p
The fats in red meet are healthy, especially if you exercise a lot. Not necessarily something you need to eat 24/7, like me.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

wolf_2099 wrote:The fats in red meet are healthy, especially if you exercise a lot. Not necessarily something you need to eat 24/7, like me.
See, I don't exercise at all so that's why I think the fish is the better alternative. My idea of exercise is walking to class.

How often do you exercise and what kind of exercises do you do?
<--can't remember if your taking Judo or a different martial art or just wrestling.
Or I could be wrong on all three. :(
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

The French Biscuit

ChimeraCreative wrote:Hey, I'm just thrilled that you're being sensible abut your health. A lot of folks that dive into vegetarianism don't consider covering their protein/vitamin/etc bases. It really is difficult to do. I wish I could do it. I could probably give up meat, but I don't think I could pick up the nutritional slack with chick peas, beets and the like.

You did it for the health benefits more than the 'poor animals' side of things, right? I know it doesn't relate to vegetarianism, but can I ask what you prefer to drink now? We got a good & cheap deal on a water cooler last year and it has been just awesome. ^_^
Thank you CC. :D I find that if I can get into a rut, I tend to stay there. So I just made not eating red-meat into a rut and here I have stayed. :) Chick-peas aren't so bad. :D

Yes, it's just for the health benefits. I'm a farm girl after all and I know humans need certain nutrients from delicious living things in order to remain healthy.

I prefer tea, water and fruit juice, but mostly tea. Huzzah for the water cooler, it's good and good for you. :)
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

The French Biscuit wrote:See, I don't exercise at all so that's why I think the fish is the better alternative. My idea of exercise is walking to class.

How often do you exercise and what kind of exercises do you do?
<--can't remember if your taking Judo or a different martial art or just wrestling.
Or I could be wrong on all three. :(
5 or 6 days a week with crossfit, Muay Thai, running and weightlifting.
So a different Martial art.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Tyran-ne and my brother have a friend I lovingly refer to as "Twitch". He's a pretty hardcore vegetarian. He won't even eat Jell-O. But given the non-meat opportunity he'll eat you out of house and home. For a skinny kid, he can sure pack away four plates of spaghetti. ^_^
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

ChimeraCreative wrote:Tyran-ne and my brother have a friend I lovingly refer to as "Twitch". He's a pretty hardcore vegetarian. He won't even eat Jell-O. But given the non-meat opportunity he'll eat you out of house and home. For a skinny kid, he can sure pack away four plates of spaghetti. ^_^
Four? FOUR?
He went to an all-you-can-eat pasta place with people twice, and three-times his size and out ate them all.
The waiter asked him to go into the kitchen and meet the chefs 'cuz they were under the impression that he was a big hulking guy.

But yea, he is hardcore. He orders cheesless pizza delivered so he can put his own animal-friendly cheese on top.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Tyran-ne wrote: But yea, he is hardcore. He orders cheesless pizza delivered so he can put his own animal-friendly cheese on top.
That's FOOD CRIME!!!! :soapbox:
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

LOL!

At least the guy is very tolerant of his meat-eater friends.

He's gone to restaurants with us, fully knowing that we were going to a Korean Barbeque to get the all-you-can-eat meat.
While the rest of us scarfed down endless beef, chicken, pork, fish, and some other stuff I didn't eat, and he just sat there eating a bowl of the-only-vegetarian-item-on-the-menu.

No complaints, and no guilt trips.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

wolf_2099 wrote:5 or 6 days a week with crossfit, Muay Thai, running and weightlifting.
So a different Martial art.
I think Biscy confused you with me. :D

The French Biscuit

Stocky Boy wrote:I think Biscy confused you with me. :D
:hehehm:I mean, no. :)
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

Tyran-ne wrote:LOL!

At least the guy is very tolerant of his meat-eater friends.

He's gone to restaurants with us, fully knowing that we were going to a Korean Barbeque to get the all-you-can-eat meat.
While the rest of us scarfed down endless beef, chicken, pork, fish, and some other stuff I didn't eat, and he just sat there eating a bowl of the-only-vegetarian-item-on-the-menu.

No complaints, and no guilt trips.
That's good. Most of the hard-core vege-meisters I've encountered are as eager to convert you as a catholic priest.
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

My diabolical plans

Had yet another lab assignment today in my Production Art class (we designed the packaging for "The Real macaw" Gourmet Parrot Food) and in the process I had a good little chat with my prof.

He asked me what my post-graduation plans were and I was kind of caught of guard because I don't really have any plans. :willy_nilly:

I told him my little dream is to go to Vancouver and work for ReThink advertising. They've been on my radar since first year and when we visited them on the field trip it just added to my desire to work there.

I've already got a bitchin' idea for my cubicle. :smartass2:

But, that's a little dream and really, I just want a job somewhere that is not Yorkton. Never again...

Impending career-dom scares me. :uhoh2:
Biscuit AWAY!

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

I think career-dom should be more afraid of you than you are of it. ^_^
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

The French Biscuit

Testing...
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Biscuit AWAY!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

The French Biscuit wrote:My diabolical plans

Had yet another lab assignment today in my Production Art class (we designed the packaging for "The Real macaw" Gourmet Parrot Food) and in the process I had a good little chat with my prof.

He asked me what my post-graduation plans were and I was kind of caught of guard because I don't really have any plans. :willy_nilly:

I told him my little dream is to go to Vancouver and work for ReThink advertising. They've been on my radar since first year and when we visited them on the field trip it just added to my desire to work there.

I've already got a bitchin' idea for my cubicle. :smartass2:

But, that's a little dream and really, I just want a job somewhere that is not Yorkton. Never again...

Impending career-dom scares me. :uhoh2:
Korea: the place for those with a university degree and no career plans. :hehehm:

The exchange rate has gone down the crapper though. But you can still get a job and can avoid moving back to your parents' farm in Yorkton.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

The French Biscuit

Fasheem wrote:Korea: the place for those with a university degree and no career plans. :hehehm:

The exchange rate has gone down the crapper though. But you can still get a job and can avoid moving back to your parents' farm in Yorkton.
:smilielol5: See any graphic design firms looking for english speaking designers?

My goal is to avoid Yorkton. Even if I can only do that, I've won.
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

Gallery Show

The DAAD class (mostly the design committee made up of some of my classmates) has organized our first-in-a-long-time gallery show here in the campus gallery.

The reason one of these hasn't happened in a while is that when the Graphic Design program left the Art Department, we were shunned from the gallery.

But, we twisted some arms and now we've got a show that'll run for nearly a week. I'll try and post some photos (if I can remember to bring my camera) and I'll put up some better pictures of the pieces I've put in after the show.

Wish you all could come. :e2bummed:

Side note: It'd be really cool if we could do a show in the Kamloops Art Gallery, but that is a goal for another day.
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

ChimeraCreative wrote:I think career-dom should be more afraid of you than you are of it. ^_^
But it's big, and scary. :scared:
Biscuit AWAY!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

The French Biscuit wrote:But it's big, and scary. :scared:
It's also awesome fun. I LOVE clawing my way to the top. I've realized that I'm already at the top of my field now so it might be time to change careers again. After I'm done with 20 week vacations, I mean.

The French Biscuit

Fasheem wrote:It's also awesome fun. I LOVE clawing my way to the top. I've realized that I'm already at the top of my field now so it might be time to change careers again. After I'm done with 20 week vacations, I mean.
20 week vacations sound excellent, except I require goals and deadlines to make me feel good. Sad but painfully true.
Biscuit AWAY!