Flaming First Thread

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

MGM

Post by MGM »

Bisc! Grand avatar!
The French Biscuit wrote:I thought you were looking forward to yours? :confused:
Well yes, but not as a permanent sig. I hardly open BX somewhere else but at home due to those sigs.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Oh, isn't she the cutest cutest cutest lil doggie! ^_^ Man, makes me miss having a lap dog. We had a Shih Tzu for a number of years and the compact size was perfectly manageable and cuddly. I watched the Westminister Dog Show a week or two ago and I'm surprised there isn't a separate category for black and tan Poms. I've never been a Pom fan (so sorry) but look at that lil face, crazy ear fur and cute pink tongue. ^_^

I spent the early morning dragging my 50 pound puppy off the bed and kicking her off periodically for an hour after that. I think I have back strain now. >.<

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

MGM wrote:Bisc! Grand avatar!

Well yes, but not as a permanent sig. I hardly open BX somewhere else but at home due to those sigs.
Thanks Mitch! :D

Really? I didn't think they were that bad. Maybe I've just been so exposed to such imagery, it all looks the same to me. :confused:
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

The French Biscuit

ChimeraCreative wrote:Oh, isn't she the cutest cutest cutest lil doggie! ^_^ Man, makes me miss having a lap dog. We had a Shih Tzu for a number of years and the compact size was perfectly manageable and cuddly. I watched the Westminister Dog Show a week or two ago and I'm surprised there isn't a separate category for black and tan Poms. I've never been a Pom fan (so sorry) but look at that lil face, crazy ear fur and cute pink tongue. ^_^

I spent the early morning dragging my 50 pound puppy off the bed and kicking her off periodically for an hour after that. I think I have back strain now. >.<
Thanks! Lap dogs are the masters of the universe. :D
She's a cutey-pie to be sure. We've got three, Sweety, Rough and Hope. I don't have any really good photos of Hope but I've attached my best one of Rough and another photo my dad took of all of them plus Max (a Kuvasz).

There should be a Pom only category at the very least. They are in a league of their own.
I'll forgive the non-Pom fan-ness since you think Sweety's a cutey. :D

See, that's why I like littledogs. You can pick them up and carry them all day with no ill-effects. :D
Attachments
IMG_0247.jpg
Rough.jpg
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

ChimeraCreative

There is a Pom category in the Westminister Dog Show, but it only ever features the ginger coloured Pom and nothing else (as far as I know). I can't believe how long Rough's tongue is. O.O

lol, I'm working for USA/Canadian dual citizenship and I've also become crazy cat lady/dog fanatic. I'm bi-polar fer sure. ^_^

The French Biscuit

ChimeraCreative wrote:There is a Pom category in the Westminister Dog Show, but it only ever features the ginger coloured Pom and nothing else (as far as I know). I can't believe how long Rough's tongue is. O.O

lol, I'm working for USA/Canadian dual citizenship and I've also become crazy cat lady/dog fanatic. I'm bi-polar fer sure. ^_^
Oh..:o Well, I'd take Sweety but the dog will not walk on a leash. She goes into Gandhi mode and just refuses to move once I so much as put a collar on her.

She earns for freedom. :D

Rough has a very long muzzle. :D

Cats are fun, but I'd pick dogs over cats any day. :cool:
Biscuit AWAY!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

ChimeraCreative wrote:Gawd, I hadn't thought of that. >.< You know, it's a really tough call about those things. Personally, I don't like them but it's what a group of guys on BX feel very passionate about. But this probably isn't the place to have this particular debate though, eh?
Two words: Adblock Image
MGM wrote:Bisc! Grand avatar!

ADBLOCK IMAGE!!!

I think Biscie has a big sig right now? I got it blocked. No big sigs in MY world no sirree. Cause I have ADBLOCK. :cool:

Also those new possible monster sig images don't look good on my screen. The bottom half of the letters blends in too much so the top really jumps out. Not that it matters cause I won't be seeing it if it ever becomes a sig.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

MGM

Post by MGM »

No one has a sig image.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

MGM wrote:No one has a sig image.
Must have been on the ver 2.0 board then. I know I blocked it recently.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

I thought this was Superwee's thread. Whoopsie.

The French Biscuit

Fasheem wrote:
I think Biscie has a big sig right now? I got it blocked. No big sigs in MY world no sirree. Cause I have ADBLOCK. :cool:
Sorry, Mitch's right. I've just got Biscuit AWAY! in my sig for lack of anything wittier.
Fasheem wrote: Also those new possible monster sig images don't look good on my screen. The bottom half of the letters blends in too much so the top really jumps out. Not that it matters cause I won't be seeing it if it ever becomes a sig.
How does the avatar look? And what is your screen resolution set at (out of morbid curiosity)?
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

William McDert wrote:I thought this was Superwee's thread. Whoopsie.
Nice to see you too Mr. Nad..er..McDert.

:D
Biscuit AWAY!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

The French Biscuit wrote:
How does the avatar look? And what is your screen resolution set at (out of morbid curiosity)?
The avatar is brighter and readable, resolution is 1600X1200.

The French Biscuit

Faboo, I was worried it looked too small. Widescreen? Lucky.
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

It's times like this I miss my mom

I had a call from my folks last night, started by my dad to ask me stuff that he could have asked in an e-mail. Then got on the phone with my mom and we talked about all sorts of things for I dunno, a half hour.

And it was during this conversation that I realized how much I miss my mom sometimes. :( We get along really well, we have some of the same interests (a love of British TV and movies, for instance) and we make each other laugh. Then, we hang up and I think, "man, if I move out here and stay forever...I won't get to see everybody as much". I got a taste of that these last couple of years since I could afford to go back at Christmas time, and I was o.k. with it. But sometimes, like now, I get kinda sad. :(

Must be growing up I guess.
Biscuit AWAY!

MGM

Post by MGM »

I feel you. The way things are looking now, I'll move in with my girlfriend if I find a job. But she lives in another town, so I'd be leaving all my friends behind (okay, so it's only an hour travel - it's not the same as calling and meeting in 10 minutes). I'm not looking forward to that aspect of moving in with my girlfriend.

ChimeraCreative

I'm in another country from most of my friends and family. It's certainly not easy but we all manage. Adam's gotta call all over the fucking country for work so we have a sweet phone deal, I can call anyone, anytime. But I never get to go out with anyone but Adam and Dr. Ray Palmer anymore. Calling mom and being annoyed by her on the phone is not the same as being annoyed with her in person. :sad:

Oh look, something to distract us from how much we miss (or will miss) or hometown... Image... I feel better already. ^_^

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The French Biscuit wrote:I've just got Biscuit AWAY! in my sig for lack of anything wittier.
I happen to like it.

And that's all I have to say about that. :coolgleam:

ChimeraCreative

Hey, this thread almost fell off the page!

*swoops in and rescues it*

*writes Biscuit a bill for the swoop and rescue*

Well, my work has been done! ^_^

(... there is no discount because there's only one page of threads here.)
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

The French Biscuit

MGM wrote:I feel you. The way things are looking now, I'll move in with my girlfriend if I find a job. But she lives in another town, so I'd be leaving all my friends behind (okay, so it's only an hour travel - it's not the same as calling and meeting in 10 minutes). I'm not looking forward to that aspect of moving in with my girlfriend.
An hour isn't too bad, but you're right. It's not the same as just being down the street from someone. It'll be o.k. though, it's all part of life.

Movin in with the girlfriend is a big step Mitch, good luck with that. :clap:

And try to post between mad carnal lovin. o.k.? :D
Biscuit AWAY!