Out for 2 Weeks

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Ooooh so you bought tons of goodies and fun things to bring back??? Can't wait to hear!

But I'm glad you survived the heat. It's been kind of crappy hear the last few weeks. At least in the mid-west. And sorry you had a crap experience with customs, but yea, probably good you didn't react. Way to keep your head.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Good to have you back, Wally. And you were completely correct, don't hassle the customs workers. No sense in getting the jelly finger and being sweated for six hours in a box. >.<

Thrilled to hear you got some loot and I really hope you have some pictures to show us. ^_^
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I mostly shopped for clothes while I was there. The exchange rate is crazy. The currency in Pakistan is Rupees and its about 60 Rupees to one dollar. Inflation & political instability has really hurt the economy the last 10 years or so. When I was in Pakistan in the early 90s, I remember the exchange rate being around 15 Rupees to one dollar. A vast improvement compared to now but I'm hoping it'll improve.

In the cities, everyone works as well - young and old. The only people who aren't working are the extremely old, the really young and the sick. If you're a kid older than 12 then you probably go to school and have a part-time job. 95% of the businesses in Pakistan are small Mom and Pop shops. Everyone there wants to run and operate their own business and most do.

While I was there I had a few fun adventures which I kept meaning to make write about but never got around to. For one, while I was there, I visited the farm my dad used to live on for about 2 days. It was hardcore country. The house itself has electricity, indoor plumbing, gas stoves and a lot of modern conveniences but just being there gave me an idea how rough the life must've been. The weather in Pakistan is extremely hot, and everyday from dawn until dusk farmers, construction workers, laborers, pretty much everyone gets up and starts working in the blazing heat and only stop for a few hours during the hottest part of the day; between 2-4 o'clock then start back up again until sunset.

Even though my dad old place had a lot of modern updates, it still had a lot of its old..."charm". There was still an outhouse, a water pump, and a Well. So me being me, I figured I wouldn't get the chance to take a dump in an outhouse in the middle of nowhere for long time, so while I was there, every time I'd get the urge to drop a deuce, I'd use the outhouse. I also bathed about 3 times a day using the old hand pump. It was the only time in my life where using my right hand to pump something didn't involve masturbation. I also got to milk a cow, but they wouldn't let me milk it more than once. I supposedly spooked the cows because I got too rough with them (I heard they the cow was giving sour milk for a week afterwards). I also busted my balls riding a horse without a saddle. I insisted I didn't need a saddle and very nearly had my testicles crushed by the horses back.

The second day, I had to travel with a friend of mine to buy some supplies so we both went on his motorcycle with him driving and me as a passenger (fyi 85% of the population there drives motorcycles; they're cheaper and easier to maneuver). So as he's driving, I whip out my cellphone and start texting because apparently I needed to text so badly I couldn't wait until we arrived safely.

As my friend is driving, I'm texting, totally unaware of my surroundings when suddenly I hear a high pitched neighing sound and our motorcycle starts skidding like crazy. Unbeknowst to me, while I was texting, I stretched my leg out and accidentally kicked a donkey, laden with supplies, in the neck. The donkey reeled back and knocked against our motorcycle. We very nearly had a nasty spill all on account of my need to text. Needless to say I got a royal reaming from a very pissed off farmer, his Ass and my friend when we got home.

Couple more things happened, not as interesting but I'll post them when I get the time.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Mr Wallstreet wrote: I supposedly spooked the cows because I got too rough with them (I heard they the cow was giving sour milk for a week afterwards).
This made me laugh very very very very hard. :D

But it sounds like you had a really interesting and fun time even with it being something outside of the ordinary for you. Also, very glad you didn't spill out and get hurt on the Motorcycle accident. While it's funny, it sounds like it could've been really bad.

Also, glad you got to visit your dad's old home and enjoy the perks and experiences of it together. I'm sure Stocky's pretty proud of you taking advantage of the outhouse too.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:If you're a kid older than 12 then you probably go to school and have a part-time job.
Well there has to be someone out there knitting my Adidas sneakers together.
Mr Wallstreet wrote:Even though my dad old place had a lot of modern updates, it still had a lot of its old..."charm". There was still an outhouse, a water pump, and a Well. So me being me, I figured I wouldn't get the chance to take a dump in an outhouse in the middle of nowhere for long time, so while I was there, every time I'd get the urge to drop a deuce, I'd use the outhouse. I also bathed about 3 times a day using the old hand pump. It was the only time in my life where using my right hand to pump something didn't involve masturbation. I also got to milk a cow, but they wouldn't let me milk it more than once. I supposedly spooked the cows because I got too rough with them (I heard they the cow was giving sour milk for a week afterwards). I also busted my balls riding a horse without a saddle. I insisted I didn't need a saddle and very nearly had my testicles crushed by the horses back.
Loving you experience of the farm life. From now on, you shall be known as "Steelballs Wally". Only balls of steel could resist the horse back.

Glad to have you back. :)

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Tragic Angelus wrote:This made me laugh very very very very hard. :D
Yes, you might say milking a cow was an udder failure. AHAHAHAHAAHAHA! <wonk wonk> But damn, that reminds me, the one thing I didn't get to do was go cow tipping. I completey forgot to do it. >:(
But it sounds like you had a really interesting and fun time even with it being something outside of the ordinary for you. Also, very glad you didn't spill out and get hurt on the Motorcycle accident. While it's funny, it sounds like it could've been really bad.
Yeah, at the time it was scary but luckily we weren't going that fast to begin with because were near the marketplace but in retrospect, it was funny. *Crosses off Kicking a Donkey off the Bucket List*
Also, glad you got to visit your dad's old home and enjoy the perks and experiences of it together. I'm sure Stocky's pretty proud of you taking advantage of the outhouse too.
I bet Stocky is turning bright green with envy. :D
XIII wrote:Well there has to be someone out there knitting my Adidas sneakers together.
True, gotta keep costs down somehow. :)
Loving you experience of the farm life. From now on, you shall be known as "Steelballs Wally". Only balls of steel could resist the horse back.

Glad to have you back. :)
For a while I was Blueballs Wally. Thats what I get though, for thinking I was Clint Eastwood...And for not listening to someone vastly more experienced than me.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

When I went back to the main city where my rents live I did a little shopping for a good friend of mine who heard I was headed back to the motherland. My friend wanted a Blackberry and getting one there is much cheaper than here in the U.S.

Cellphones in Pakistan are all imported from the U.S. So I spoke to a friend who spoke to a guy who spoke to another guy and so on and so forth until we met with someone who could get us a deal on a Blackberry Bold. Here, a brand new Blackberry Bold costs in the neighborhood of $300-$400. Over there, I got for the equivalent of $100. A steal if I say so myself.

There is almost nil alcohol consumption in Pakistan so everyone drinks soda all the time so I was drinking soda all the time; with lunch dinner, whenever I got thirsty etc.. I must've drank around 15 gallons of soda while I was there.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

:smilielol5: Sounds like a good time was had by all (except the livestock). When do you think you'll venture out to visit Pakistan again?
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

That dirty slut whoreface cow was aching for it; I could tell.

Not sure when I'll go back home again. Maybe in a year or so...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Any word on how your parents are enjoying it back in the homeland?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I haven't spoken to them in a few weeks but I hear from the sibs that they're doing okay. I think they'll probably be coming back late October/early November.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I heard and saw news of major floods in Pakistan. I hope your parents are alright, did you hear from them?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thank you for your concern. My parents are doing alright. Much of the flooding hapepned in the rural areas and some along the borders. My parents, and most of my family, live in major cities so they avoided it.

It's still a tragedy, though, at how many countless people died were displaced or are now suffering for disease.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Glad to hear that you're family is doing ok. When they return in the late fall will it be for a visit here or something a bit longer?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

They'll probably remain here permanently when they return. They were born and raised in Pakistan but they've spent the last 30 something years of their adult lives here. The U.S. is more their home, than their childhood home was.