Cardio

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yeah, sorry about that. I realised about 30 minutes ago that the last few years I seem to have become... is sportive the right word? I suppose it is.

But don't you get the same average? Your average is somewhat lower, but you run a bigger distance. I doubt I'd do 8 km in 40 minutes (I suppose you don't either, but you can see where I'm going with this).

MGM

Post by MGM »

Well, I stil hate running (four times in), but at least I'm dropping in weight easily somehow.

Also, still averaging well over 12 km/h. :D

MGM

Post by MGM »

On the downside: my elbows still annoy like fuck, especially the one on the left.

And yes, that's the one... ;)

XIII

Post by XIII »

Do you listen to music while you run?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yep. The hard rock/metal playlist.

It's that or the Depeche Mode playlist, but that's a bit too slow for running.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Entered the Run In Lyon 10k for the third year. Hoping to beat 57mn this time. Last year, I failed to do it in 1 hour for... 3 seconds...

MGM

Post by MGM »

You did about 8 in 43 minutes the other week, right? 57 minutes seems quite reasonable. Too bad about those 3 seconds, though. >.<

I did 5 yesterday and I've got some serious odd pains today. I think I'll skip this weekend, because I hardly could lift my right leg the first half of the day.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Sigh. Completely unrelated, yet presumably very related: I had such cravings today. I had fries, pizza and shoarma.

I can honestly say it was fulfilling. :D

On the upside, I'm probably still on my target weight, since I'd managed to dip under it for about 0.5 kg this week.

MGM

Post by MGM »

On the downside this is still happening:
MGM wrote:I did 5 yesterday and I've got some serious odd pains today. I think I'll skip this weekend, because I hardly could lift my right leg the first half of the day.
It's my groin. I was probably not even 500m away when I felt it come up again (figured 2.5 days rest would be okay), so I made it a short run. But it still hurts nonetheless.

Also, useful lesson of the day: tiger balm on your groin is obviously not the best idea ever.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Do you stretch before running?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Of course! At least 10-15 minutes.
I have short muscles and I cramp up easily if I don't (I usually do some extra stretching before kickbox traning as well). I also stretch afterwards.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I always feel awkward when I stretch after running cause I don't really know what moves I should do so I just look at other runners and try to reproduce what they are doing.

MGM

Post by MGM »

For me it's mostly stretching my calves, glutes, hamstrings, thighs and groin.

MGM

Post by MGM »

MGM wrote:You did about 8 in 43 minutes the other week, right? 57 minutes seems quite reasonable. Too bad about those 3 seconds, though. >.<

I did 5 yesterday and I've got some serious odd pains today. I think I'll skip this weekend, because I hardly could lift my right leg the first half of the day.
So a month later and those pains are still not gone. My left elbow is also still shot, but whatever.

But on the other hand: 73 kg, where my target was 75.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Nice!

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yes, but I'm a bit afraid that a good deal of that is muscle loss.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Hip seems to be getting better, it basically only slightly hurts during workouts now (instead of barely being able to lift my leg the next day). So in a week or two I might attempt a run again.

On the other bright side, it's becoming quite clear I'm getting stronger by the week, given the amount of squats and deadlifts that are getting increasingly easy. And also Natascha likes the visible effect it has on my core.

MGM

Post by MGM »

A tennis elbow.

Goddammit.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Blame Tragic. I know I would.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Everyone does.

However, I know how awful that can be. Had it pretty badly in college but I've managed it since then. Best of luck.