The Baking Thread

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Stocky Boy

The Baking Thread

Post by Stocky Boy »

I've been getting into baking recently. I've bought lots of silicone baking goods. So far I've only made american style cookies. Both the office and my friends loved'em. Honestly, they're so good they'll blow your tits off. ;)

I think I'm going to try sweet potato pie with pecans next.

Anyone got any baking/cooking advice they want to share?

Buy a set of digital scales and some lightweight mixing bowls if you're going to bake. Now that's great advice!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Closest I've come to baking is licking the batter off the spoon. Beyond that I can't bake or cook for shit.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I bake a lot and the biggest advice I have is get an oven thermometer. My oven is a shitty piece of shit fucking shit. Even with the oven thermometer stuff still isn't all that great due to the shitty oven. If you haven't noticed, I really hate my oven.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I don't have a shitty oven. :) I can see why an oven thermoneter would be essential, if you're oven isn't reliable though.

I think I'll add food mixer to my list of 'necessities'. Sure you can whisk away and burn/build your forearm muscles. Or, maybe you can screw all of that and use a food mixer.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm expecting cookies samples in my mail box before the end of the week. Get to it.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Food mixers are good because you can create things that would be difficult doing by hand. Creaming and whipping are a bitch by hand, especially if you're making whipped cream or whipping egg whites for meringue.