Official, I'm moving to day shift!

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

jedispyder

Official, I'm moving to day shift!

Post by jedispyder »

I've been working night shift for a little over 12 years now. I had no problem with it while I was in school but since I've been done for about 3 years now, I've wanted to move to days. I got 1 opportunity but was denied because my brother works days and they didn't want us working together (even though we have different last names and don't proactively tell everyone we're related, lol). Yet my brother (who has been wanting to escape our office for awhile) is moving to main office for a new position, leaving days with no supervisor. Talked to my boss and she was fine with me moving to days, now she just has to worry about replacing me on nights. Right now the plan is for me to move to days around the beginning of next month.

It's going to be a very interesting transition for me...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Nice!

So, what chages can you see happened for your social life?

Also, have fun switching you sleep schedule. It'll be awful.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

My sleep schedule is already mixed because I work days for Saturday (going from Friday night shift to Saturday day shift is already a pain in the ass). It'll be nice to have it all 1 way.

Likely I don't see any change in my social life right away. Most of the time I spend with friends is for an RPG, and they get together during the week for stuff I'm not interested in (aka they play 2 expensive games that I cannot afford to get into, lol).

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Day time work, I think is much better for the circadian clock, or whatever it's called. Basically, our bodies prefer to be active during the day and to rest at night.
Welcome back to normal hours!