Gen Con Indy, whoo-hoo

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

jedispyder

Gen Con Indy, whoo-hoo

Post by jedispyder »

For the rest of the week I am in Indianapolis for Gen Con, a gaming convention. I'm hoping this year will be better than the depressing one last year, but this year I'm on a better place.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Have a good time! The biggest convention in Indy and its the stuff
I dont even get into haha. Enjoy!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

It's any type of game, even Risk and other classic board games. It's a lot of fun to just watch all the different cosplayers around. Enough hot ones to make up for all the horrid ones, lol.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

How was Gen Con this year?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Thursday, the first day of Gen Con was pretty much a lie for me. I had 13-14 hours of Star Wars Minis (from 9am to about 11pm or so) with no real break except for a short 45 minute respite where I got the bye (as in there were uneven players so the odd man out got to sit and twiddle his thumbs). This is the first time in over a year that I've played SWM and I was pretty poor at it, lol. I lost all 3 final games =o( The night got better after I left the convention and hooked up with my hotelmates who don't play SWM anymore and we went to Hooters for dinner. Food was amazing as usual the eye candy (as well as ear candy as we got a Brit for a waitress and ooooh do I love certain accents).

Friday was much better!
-I started the day judging some Star Wars Mini events (thus I got my badge for free). We had this brilliant idea where we produced 2 cards exclusive right now to the convention, and you could play against a "Protector" to try to win these 2 cards. I had 3 guys play against me and I slaughtered 2 and basically allowed the 3rd to win. I had wanted all of them to win but my squad just beat theirs senseless as it was a bad matchup and each weren't very experienced players.
-Next I was supposed to judge a 4 hour event that I was really excited to see how it turned out. Except...no one fucking showed up. At all. So I waited almost 2 hours and no one ever showed up. At that point, I was done judging for the weekend and felt bad I got a free pass even though I didn't judge as much as I could.
-I ended Friday by doing a special Pathfinder Society RPG that was exclusive only to Gen Con. There were probably 200 of us in the room and only certain tables in each tier advanced to the next level the next day. Sadly our table wasn't one of them, but it was a great session nonetheless. We came to the conclusion that the only way other tables could advance as far as they did was by having the GM coach them on stuff they needed to do, whereas our GM played it fair and treated us as she did her normal group.

Saturday was my birthday so I tried to be as relaxing as possible.
-Started the day by sleeping in, something I never am able to do since I've worked Saturdays for the past 11 years at work. Nice of my hotelmates to not try to force me awake, yet it did suck not getting the breakfast buffet at our hotel lol.
-Did a really bad but still fun Pathfinder RPG in the afternoon. The GM was horribly unprepared and had about the same knowledge as I do on stuff, forcing the players to tell him stuff he should know. Hell, he even coached us on stuff we were supposed to do ourselves but it did help me out so I was fine with it, lol. After the game ended, he ran out of there incredibly fast, he must have known that we were not thrilled with his GMing. One good thing is that I was able to redeem 2 tokens for a special prize and got a "boon" that allows me to create a character normally not allowed in Pathfinder Society, which was also what the rest of my hotelmates wanted so it was sweet to have them envious of me a bit ;)
-At at California Pizza for the first time and it was fucking amazing! I love their frozen pizzas so I was excited about this. I went with the Greek on honey wheat, which had tziki sauce instead of red sauce, chicken grilled a la gyro meat, and then a Greek Salad dumped on top with extra tziki sauce for that salad. Not a big fan of olives but they didn't bother me hear. Man, I wish there was a California Pizza near me, lol.
-I ended Saturday by going to the Cosplay Deviants show Dub That Hentai. 4 out of 5 hotelmates went to a Pathfinder RPG that I declined and the remaining hotelmate tried to go with me to this. Yet when he heard about half a dozen dick jokes while waiting in line for the event, he just couldn't handle it and left. Hah, you have to have no shame to do this and considering I openly read a Pretty Little Liars book all Gen Con I obviously have no shame so this was perfect for me. I went last year and had a blast so I was very excited over it this year, especially since it fell on my birthday. What they do is show hentai clips without any sound and have audience members come up and voice the scenes, it's downright hilarious the stuff people come up with. The first clip had someone pose as Gollum and kept in character all clip, saying stuff like "my precious" when the male rubbed the female's nipples. Then another clip had an audience member pose as a Sean Connery impressionist that got caught in a gangbang. Another had someone pose as Alan Rickman. The whole even was just so damn hilarious, it lasted for about 3 hours and I wish it was longer. I don't know why, but I felt comfortable around the hundreds of other people at the event, not shy or anything about watching hentai in a group that large. Can't wait for it next year!

Sunday was the final day with nothing planned. We packed up, dropped our stuff off at the car, got some food at one of the food vendors parked across from the center, and walked around the con for a couple of hours. I spent the final time with the Star Wars Minis guys, helping pack up a little and saying goodbyes for a year. I left a little after 3 and got back to Cincy around 5.