Exciting News IV

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

jedispyder

Exciting News IV

Post by jedispyder »

Tomorrow I'm going on a coffee date with a girl I met on Geek2Geek. I'm uber-fucking nervous about it. She's 20 (so 7 years younger than me) and I have no clue why she'd be interested in a fatass like me, but it seems she does. I've talked about it briefly on Facebook with other people and they all urged me to stop talking myself out of it and just go for it. I'm going in with a mindset that at least I may be making a new friend.

I've only done 2 other coffee dates and they all ended not that great (1 I didn't like the girl at all, the other was with an old friend who was interested in me but I just couldn't make it work). I'm kinda going in blind, so I hope all will be well with it...

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Stop talking down to yourself. You're a smart funny guy with a lot to offer so quit beating yourself up over nothing.

Just be yourself and have a good time.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Word.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Exactly.
Don't worry so much, try and stay positive, and don't put yourself down!

Also, women don't generally care if a guy is a little over-weight. They just want a guy they like.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Must agree. Be positive and things will work out very well for you. Confidence is the make or break when it comes to things like this. I hope it goes well for you. Just have fun.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

It went mostly well. I went to this coffeehouse near where she lives, which is 30 minutes away from me. We talked for a little over 3 hours and there were some ups and some downs, as usual. There were a few weird moments but it could just be that's how she is, open as a book.

One thing that I'm not sure whether I "passed or failed" on was whether she wanted me to look at her breasts or not. She kept adjusting her shirt and stuff like that. I avoided looking at them at all costs, knowing it to be rude. Yet then again, some girls want you to look at them and don't like it when you don't.

I did have to drive her home as she doesn't drive. And, well, my car kind of sucks and has a huge crack in the front window on the side that I haven't fixed. I don't think she liked that much, which is why I would have preferred not to drive her home but obviously I just couldn't say "no" when she asked.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

jedispyder wrote:
One thing that I'm not sure whether I "passed or failed" on was whether she wanted me to look at her breasts or not. She kept adjusting her shirt and stuff like that. I avoided looking at them at all costs, knowing it to be rude. Yet then again, some girls want you to look at them and don't like it when you don't.

I bet she was fidgeting because she was nervous.

A glance is okay, anything else can be rude. If the girl wants you staring at her breasts, she won't make a good girlfriend.

Don't worry about your car. You have one, whatever shape it may be in. She does not.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

It seriously seems that the more we chat, the more things we find out we DON'T have in common. I can seriously only think of 2 or 3 small things we really have in common =o/

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

It happens, no big deal, it's what dates are for.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

You need not have everything in common to be happy and/or in a relationship.