Holiday Plans?

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Mr Wallstreet

Holiday Plans?

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

What is everyone doing this weekend for the holidays?

having downloaded all the add-ons and the 2 new add-ons that became available yesterday (Batman Inc., skin & Joker's Carnival map pack), I'm going to be spending the next 4 days playing Arkham City and gorging myself on fatty foods.

Anyone else?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Alisha and I will be going from family Christmas to family Christmas Saturday and Sunday, between both my mom, my dad's side of the family, and her family. We'll have some down time but it'll be a fairly tight time schedule until Sunday night.

I however, have slept in 2 days in a row, am doing laundry, and being super lazy since I'm on Christmas break. It's pretty fantastic.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Bastard...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I get 12 days off, which compared to the college breaks I had just last year is pretty short. But, I will take this over just 1-3 days off at Christmas anytime.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

You should be ashamed of yourself for enjoying your time off.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm sitting in gym shorts and a tshirt watching TV and eating cookies while my laundry runs in the next room.

I am so, sooooo ashamed.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

You should turn that tv off right now and start preparing for next semester.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Can't. I left all of my books and worksheets and standards at work. And I don't think I should go in and get them.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Friday I may be going to my brother's wife's family dinner. They're Italian so they do the whole Seven Fish of the Sea thing. I actually don't want to go so I may skip out, but it is fun seeing half their family (the other half, not so much).

Saturday I'm doing something incredibly odd and going to some church special but only because my niece is going there. For some reason this year I'm even more anti-religion than usual and actually got mad at my mom singing a song for my niece saying how great the Bible is. Usually it doesn't faze me, but it really struck a nerve for some reason this year.

Sunday (aka Christmas) I'm going to my mom's for breakfast, then going to my brothers' dad's place for lunch. Not sure what I'm doing after that, maybe back to mom's or maybe nothing at all.

XIII

Post by XIII »

So this weekend, Malorie's mum is with us. We'll spend Christmas in our place. She leaves on Monday. Then on Tuesday, we're traveling to visit my parents. We'll stay there till Friday. And we're spending the New Year weekend here in Lyon, only the three of us for some quiet quality family time before going back to work on Monday January 2nd.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Krista and I both have 3 weeks off.

She is coming to join me in Montreal on the 26, then we are off for 3 days here:
http://www.fairmont.com/montebello

I am looking forward to eating Turkey, drinking cherry coke, getting fat and reading my comics.

Oh, and

PRESENTS!

Then back to Calgary on the 6th.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Oh, sadly no snow here.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Oh, and wonderfully, no snow here.

Man I hate snow.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

We already had our snow; back on Halloween. Given the sheer volume of snow we had last year, I would be thrilled if we saw none at all this year.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

You people are all weird! It's not Christmas unless it's a white Christmas!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

No hint of snow at all in Cincy. Possibility of slight flurries to the north of us, but not for us.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

It snowed last night!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

What did everyone get?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I got nearly every superhero movie I wanted, 2 great hardcovers, some bags and boards, a large collage picture frame, 3 pieces of art to put up in my apartment that I wanted, some sweaters from American Eagle, a few things for my kitchen, and a paper based model replica of the Titanic that I can't wait to put together.

All in all, a very good Christmas.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Small swag this year. I got 3 sweaters, new pair of khakis, a tie, and a very cool camera that was busted that I now have to exchange and the Wolverine, Batman Year One, and Dark Knight Returns Limited series, all in single issue. The comics were the biggest WTF for me. I'd always wanted them but never enough to go out and find them and I certainely wasn't going to get them after the last few months.