Happy News III (For BX omly, plz dont mention on twitter or FB)

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

XIII

Post by XIII »

WTF?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Did you name him Wally?
We can have a real WALLY!
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

MGM wrote:Raj Koothrappali?
:no-no:
wolf_2099 wrote:Did you name him Wally?
We can have a real WALLY!
No Wally for you!

XIII

Post by XIII »

Arkham is late. He'll be a comic book artist.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Hopefully he'll be something successful.

Let's see which of our kids takes the Jim Lee Award for longest blown deadline. How many days was Simon overdue?

XIII

Post by XIII »

Simon was 5 days late but they had to go get him cause he showed no sign of willingness to get out and he was a rather large baby and starting to lack room in Malorie's belly.

It's almost 10 days past due date now, when do they decided to provoke labour in the US?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I think if the pregnancy to about 42 weeks, doctors induce labor or opt for a Cesarean.

For us, I believe Monday is the last day they will wait. Then on Tuesday I think they'll transfer the missus to a hospital for a procedure. Not what were hoping for but if that's the case, then that's the case.

We had originally wanted them to induce Shumaila on Wednesday but the doctors were hesitant and wanted to give the baby a few more days in the hopes that he'd decide to com out on his own but it seems that won't be the case.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow then!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

As will I!
I'm sure everything will be fantastic and look forward to the pictures!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I appreciate the sentiment guys. I'll keep you posted on how things go in the next couple of days

XIII

Post by XIII »

I sure as hell hope everything is alright and the lack of news means you are all caught up in your brand new fatherhood duties.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I appreciate the concern. Things are okay now.

After a very difficult and long 16 hour labor, Ismail (or Ishmael) Shayan was born March 1, 7:13am. Shumaila had wanted a natural birth and for the first several hours things were going well until they weren't. Small difficulties and problems began popping up during the labor and progressively got worse until the physicians had no choice but to perform a Cesarean on Shumaila.

The operation went very quickly and smoothly and took all of 20 minutes and when it was all done, I became a Daddy Bear. Shumaila and Ismail will spend several days in the hospital recovering and then come home. So far, despite the difficult delivery, things are going well for us and here's hoping that continues. I'll post pics as soon as I can spare a moment and I just want to say I appreciate your guys friendship and support all these years and im glad to be able to share this with you all. It makes me feel happy and old at the same time.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

YAY! Congratulations!

I'm happy baby and mama are okay.

Do you feel any different?

XIII

Post by XIII »

Yes! Congratulations too!
Malorie had to go through the Caesarean as well. I remember waiting outside the operating room until I heard a cry and some nurse came out with Simon in her arms.
She stayed at the hospital for a whole week.
This is great news. Can't wait to see the pics of your baby boy!
Oh, did you cry? I did.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

So happy for the two of you, and congratulations! I'm glad to hear things went well even with all of those issues. I know you're incredibly busy and excited now and I hope things are going fantastic for all three of you. I can't wait to hear more about him!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Congratulations! I was getting worried that we hadn't heard from you in a bit, but I figured sometimes no news is good news. I know how emotionally and physically draining a birth can be (even on the father) so rest well and glad all are ok.

MGM

Post by MGM »

The grandest of news! Congratulations to all of you from Natascha and me (and what a lovely name)!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Hello all and thank you all for the happy vibes.

Baby and wife came home yesterday afternoon so I had spent much of yesterday working and setting up the baby's living space. Even though little Ismael has been around for a couple of days and has been home since yesterday, I don't feel very different. Perhaps it hasn't sunk yet - which probably explains why I didn't cry when he was born; not a show of machismo, just didn't feel it at the moment. I took some photos and I'll post them soon, hopefully this week, I just haven't had any time yet.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

We look forward to it.

I think it'll sink in with the 3 am feedings.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Congratulations Wally! I'm glad to hear mum and baby are doing well and are settled back at home.

I look forward to seeing some photos.

Random question of the administrative variety: what did you write on the birth certificate? Ishmeal or Ishmail?