NYCC 2011!!!

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

XIII

NYCC 2011!!!

Post by XIII »

Am I the only one feeling melancholic about NYCC coming up and not having booked flights, hotel, con tickets.

Have fun Wally!
Mike, are you going?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I am sad.

So very sad.

=(
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yeah, here as well.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Although I'm looking forward to NYCC, it will be very lonely and very lame without you guys. This'll be my first CC without everyone. I'm not sure Mike is going but I'll give him a ring again just to be sure.

And in the true spirit of Sandman, I haven't done a lick of planning in advance as to what I want to get signed so I suppose I'll do that this week.

However, if you guys have any requests please let me know and I will do everything in my power to fulfill them.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Although I'm looking forward to NYCC, it will be very lonely and very lame without you guys. This'll be my first CC without everyone. I'm not sure Mike is going but I'll give him a ring again just to be sure.

And in the true spirit of Sandman, I haven't done a lick of planning in advance as to what I want to get signed so I suppose I'll do that this week.

However, if you guys have any requests please let me know and I will do everything in my power to fulfill them.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Go to Jason Aaron's table on Artists Alley and tell him I say hi. Also, give high five to my bro' Brian Azzarello if you run into him. ;)

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Can't say I'm looking for anything from any particular creators, especially without knowing major prices already. I may put together a list of books after our show and let you know if that might work?

Also, go up to Didio, Lee, and Johns and punch them all in the nuts for the major lack of Wally West over the last year and a half or so in the DCU. Then ask about Wally West with every DC writer, artist, editor, and panel you go to or see. Tell them all I sent you.

They'll know what it means.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

That's fine with me

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I posted this in your thread!
If you don't have time, it' fine, I just thought I would wask.

Wally, would you be open to trying to nab me two of the show specials at NYCC?

1 will be easy, but needs to be paid for, which I'll happily pay for.
It's the PIGS 1 con variant NYCC
http://www.comicsbeat.com/2011/09/15/pi ... atie-cook/

It'll probably sell out first day, but with the vendor pass it should be no problem to nab before opening.

1 will not be easy, but it's free.
Chris Claremont, Artist Alley
Wild Blood is Chris Claremont’s newest project. Be the first to see! Signed give-away to first 25 fans each day Chris is at the show. This will be rare and so very collectible!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Wulf, I will make it a priority to score the Pigs variant and the Claremont title.

Do you want me to get them to personalize it for you if they are open to that? If so let me know what you'd like them to write.

Regarding the Exhibitor passes, are your guys willing to sell me a pass. I hadn't heard back from you so I wondering what happened. Please let me know. With the Con a mere 7 days away, I am getting slightly antsy.

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I would love to go but I am strapped for cash right now, I was hoping things would look better as it got closer to the time. but with 2 weddings work done on my truck, bills to pay and I am going to have to buy some much needed warmer clothes for my job now that it is getting colder out, I literally cant afford to miss any work. under armour is expensive! I figure if I buy a little at a time even if I do not need it right now it will not hurt the wallet all at once when I do. however Wally we will have to get together some time soon just to hang out.
All Will be Well!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Wulf, I will make it a priority to score the Pigs variant and the Claremont title.

Do you want me to get them to personalize it for you if they are open to that? If so let me know what you'd like them to write.

Regarding the Exhibitor passes, are your guys willing to sell me a pass. I hadn't heard back from you so I wondering what happened. Please let me know. With the Con a mere 7 days away, I am getting slightly antsy.
Not personalized for the Claremont one, although you could say "Hi" for me and see if they remember me.

If the Pigs variant isn't expensive, maybe get two?
1 personalized, and 1 not signed at all?

I'll paypal you $20 (or more if you want) this weekend, if you have an account. The variants are generally $10-$20 each.
That way I can cover at least some of the cost ahead of time, since these shows are show damn expensive.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I realised I'm deliberately not checking which guests there'll be on the panels and on artist alley.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

MGM wrote:I realised I'm deliberately not checking which guests there'll be on the panels and on artist alley.
Ha! Yeah, because it will dissapoint you. ;) I know what you mean. I'm pretty sure both me and Arn are pooped that Jeff Smith will be there.

That said, bringing the huge collection of Bone that I have would have been excruciating.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Bah, I have smaller books from him : Rose and Tall Tales.
But the one that's really sore on me is Frank Quitely.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Me too.

I have bought a sketch from him

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

COCKFUCKINGMONKEYBALLS!

Greg Rucka is going to NYCC this year.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

...Perhaps its best if you stay away from the guest list. This way you'll stave off an aneurysm

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I don't know about you guys but I'm excited to see the legend himself: Alex Maleev. I'm hoping to witness a true Maleev moment, where he hurls a fan through a display case.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Hey you know what, going through pics of the first time we did NYCC, I found a pic of Doug who had gotten a Batman comission from Maleev. Maleev actually looks nice in the pic.

I'm bummed about Rucka too. But didn't you get him in 2009? I know I did.