I have my own Comic Room

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Tragic Angelus

I have my own Comic Room

Post by Tragic Angelus »

And it is fun. It's the last room to start coming together in my place, but it's filling out nicely now that I got a desk in here.

It'll also double as my 'office' for the time being, so if I have tons of papers to grade or need a bigger area to work on lesson plans, I have one. I got a nice used L-Shaped desk for it with about 3 feet on either side, and it'll work nicely to grade and put grades in from home.

I put up a handful of posters, have my boxes all in here, and even my bookshelf of Trades. I have a big open wall that I want to frame 2 movie posters and hang up on. Batman Begins and Superman Returns, as both have great shots of the heroes that will go very nicely together.

I also have a few X-Men movie autograph photos that I want to hang up when I get some more frames. Right now I only have 1 framed and it's on my desk, but it's the best one. I'll put up a few pics in a minute or two.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

A few of the major wall decorations and portion of my desk. Also, I happen to have my store's GL Light Up Display that was ... 'destroyed' since it was a fire hazard. I don't have any of the plug ins for it, so it shouldn't cause any issue. Probably the best housewarming gift I got for getting my own place.
Attachments
0911011941.jpg
0911011939.jpg
0911011938b.jpg

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Most of these aren't in the comic room obviously, but instead are lining my halls. I plan to get all of my artwork framed like I've seen the rest of you do and decorate my place with it. The hall seems to be the best place, as there's almost no direct sunlight and I couldn't come up with anything else worthwhile to fill it with.

I plan to put my Katie Cook X-Men page next to Magneto, and get a nice Colossus to set off to the side of Kitty and Kurt. Plus I have tons more to get framed.

The Starro is on my entertainment center right now, along with a certain BoP display, until I can find the perfect place to hang him.
Attachments
0911011939a.jpg
0911011938a.jpg
0911011938.jpg
0904011713.jpg

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

WHy am I not surprised at the amount of Geoff Johns stuff?

It looks awesome!

Who did the Starro & Kitty Pryde sketch?

Might I suggest everyone else post pictures of their comic room if they have one?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Very nice stuff! I wish I had the motivation to do that type of stuff, I still have things in boxes even after being here a year and a half...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Kitty Pryde was done by Adam Withers, a smaller press artist who usually works with his wife, Comfort Love. I'm going to get more work from the two of them for sure, as it was really very nice. They'll probably do the Medusa for my Inhumans group.

Starro was done by mic? at my request. I wanted something to really open up and blow people away in my sketchbook and that was it. Of course, I chose a pretty bad sketch book, with easily perforated edges, so all of the pages were coming loose. Now most everything is getting framed.

A few more paychecks and I'll get most of the rest of my hallway decorated, leaving spaces for what I still plan to have done.

And I agree! Everyone should showcase their comic rooms/areas if they have one they want to show off!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Very cool Ed!

What is the poster that you have on top of your desk? I can vaguely make out something about the X-Men. Also, love, love, love the autograph X-Men poster you have up.

So question for you guys who hang up posters: Do you hang them up with skotch tape, thumbtacks or something different altogether.

I used to use scotch tape but now I use thumbtacks; so much easier.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

To hang my posters on the wall I used the putty substance. It's sometimes white or blue and a dime sized piece goes a long way.

XIII

Post by XIII »

It leaves grease stains on the walls though, no?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

It's the Alex Ross X-Men 500 cover/poster, where they're all rushing at Magneto with Sentinels in the background. Not always a fan of Ross, but this is actually the best X-Men poster I have.

And I have more signed X-Men pictures that I want to frame. Some will go on the wall but that one might stay on the desk.

I use both tape and tacks. These walls don't support tape at all though, so tacks were in order. It really depends on the poster for me. Something I want to last awhile I'll use tacks, but one that I'm not too worried about I might tape up. But the tall ones on my closet doors had to go up with tape because the doors are metal, and tacks wouldn't work there.

I've tried putty before and it's not bad, but getting some off of posters is almost worse than tape at times.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I've never had it leave grease stains on the wall but it might depend on the type of paint used on the wall.

I used to use tape but it would wear off. At my old place I used tacks but at my new place my walls are slanted so my posters (all older) would likely just start to rip under the pressure.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The only downside to using tacks is, if you're like me and renting a place, it may become an issue when you move out. Depending on how many you used and how often you re-arranged, leaving dozens of tiny holes in the wall can be an issue. Which is why I've basically decided everything stays where it is while I'm here.

For some reason, tape just wouldn't stick to these walls, where any other walls in a place I've been in have supported it.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

They make the stuff that you put in tiny holes to fill them up for that specific reason. Can't remember the name but it's like gelatinous putty you just stuff in the holes and then sand down. If your walls are white then it's perfect and barely noticeable. If you have a specific color, then just buy a bit of paint to do a slight touch up on each area.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Another secret that works: Depending on the color of your walls, toothpaste actually works the same way if you apply it lightly over holes. And it's a helluva lot cheaper!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I've heard that works but never tried it.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I've done it before. We re-patched areas where pictures hung in one of my dad's older houses that way. So long as you don't glob it on, it can be difficult to see where it is on the wall if it's on an off-white wall.