Happy News

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I don't think I'll be allowing for 2-way communication. If I do that then Tragic would start with the coffin jokes, Wulf would start recounting embarrassing tales from previous NYCC’s , Stocky would begin a very long, yet well written speech, about how my marriage affects him most of all and XIII would be fast asleep & snoring because the whole ordeal is too long for him.
Tragic Angelus wrote:I simply hope he has enough lighting in his basement so we can see what the ceremony is like.
Someday I’ll show you my basement firsthand. You’ll love it so much you’ll become a permanent resident. :D

MGM

Post by MGM »

I find your lack of faith in us disturbingly justified. :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Dude, I would make an AWESOME best man speech.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

He knows:
Mr Wallstreet wrote:Wulf would start recounting embarrassing tales from previous NYCC’s

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

And here I just figured he'd be worried about me breaking into the champagne early and getting caught for being under age.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

It's okay if kids have sips, that's normal. It's when you ge to be a teenager and get drunk is when we will get worried.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Stocky Boy wrote:Here in In-ger-land the Friday has been made a special bank holiday, meaning everyone gets the day off to watch this royal wedding bullshit.

If Wally streamed his marriage live on the Friday, I'd have a happier reason to watch a wedding that day.
So I take it you will not be gracing the Royal Wedding with your presence? Their loss then.
wolf_2099 wrote:Dude, I would make an AWESOME best man speech.
Now I'm genuinley curious as to what your speech would be.
Tragic Angelus wrote:And here I just figured he'd be worried about me breaking into the champagne early and getting caught for being under age.
I'm not worried about you getting drunk as there would be no alcohol at the wedding so you'd have to sit through the ceremony sober as a judge with nothing to soften the blows from the endless boredom.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Too true. I didn't think about that. I wouldn't ruin your special day with dirty death and coffin jokes!

We just know that you'd probably ruin our special clothes with all of that soil and mud you'd get everywhere.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Bachelor party tonight!!! Woooo!!!!!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Will it be held at Milano's?

MGM

Post by MGM »

No other place comes to mind.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

So is it all still set to be tomorrow?? I can't wait to hear the news!

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Holy shit! so sorry I have not checked in here lately! that is so great man I am so happy for you! I remember you mentioning her at the last con just briefly though! Congratulations man!
All Will be Well!

XIII

Post by XIII »

How is the wedding going?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Is married life awesome?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Wedding went well, thanks for asking. It was a very small shindig, only immediate family & a few very close friends. We did the ceremony more for our respective parents than for us but regardless a good time was had by all. Food was served, merriment was had, dances were danced (all horribly) and then we went off to City Hall to get our Marriage license.

And yes, married life is awesome. I'm still reading comics, watching tv & movies but now I have someone to enjoy them with, well except the comics thing, she's not into that. She hate it by any means but can't wrap her mind around why I like it, which is all good because we don't need to spend every waking moment together. Beyond that, its just been going really great. We've been hitting the city every weekend and checking out the sights & restaurants and in some cases checking out some places I could never be bothered to check out before.

So far, its been a blast.

Now when are the rest of you whippersnappers going to grow up?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Glad it's going well for you!

And I've personally been leaning more towards the whole "eunuch" or self-exile from love, lol.

MGM

Post by MGM »

So when will the kids be there? :D

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Glad it's going well, as I was just starting to wonder the same things so I'm glad someone else finally asked. And so long as she doesn't pull you away from your Batman obsession, then it sounds like everything will be great!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'm not sweating the kids thing, not because I don't want them or anything but because its easier to let things happen on their own rather than constantly thinking about them or wondering when if/when its going to happen.

Given all that, we are trying. Daily.

As far as my Batman obsession goes, the Mrs. knows that even though I married her, Batman was and always be, my first love and she's okay with that...Mostly