This Just In

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Tragic Angelus

This Just In

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I just got the email after my final evaluation today that I have successfully passed my primary Student Teaching Placement and the accompanying M420 Seminar Course in my final semester of college.

I have one more 6 Week Placement where I'll work on a license endorsement for English as a New Language Education, but I don't actually need that to graduate.

Though my advisor can still change my evaluation if he wants to, I don't think he will. He nominated me as his "Student Teacher of the Year" candidate (though I'm already not in the running for the final 5, sadly) so I think it's safe to say that I will graduate from Indiana University on May 7th of this year.

Then it's one simple $30 application process to the State board of Education for my certification to teach, and I'm a fully licensed teacher.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Woot!

MGM

Post by MGM »

Wait, you can become teacher when you just get out of elementary school?

Congrats!

XIII

Post by XIII »

Congratulations, young one!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Congrats! Shape those young minds into Geoff Johns fans.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Thanks guys! I've still got a few weeks to go until graduation, but I'm basically there from what I gather. I just hope I can land a job when it comes to it! I probably won't know until August when most schools do their hiring but I'm hoping I have something by then!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Congrats completing all your coursework (while skipping half the courses) and graduating. Congrats also on being nominated as Student Teacher of the Year. If anyone deserves it, its you.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'll have you know, I only missed ONE day of Student Teaching this year, and that was actually for a legitimate reason this time. I was there every day, and was never late, though one day I arrived about 5 minutes before class started because my alarms failed me.

I even managed through the Australian Open without skipping classes or getting sick conveniently. I did it all just for you!

And thanks for that. I was surprised to read that he had done that, as I didn't really know they actually put an award to it. But after he told me he did, when he told me I wasn't in the final running it took some of the luster away, but it's still a nice feeling.