A new start...

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

wolf_2099 wrote:The point is all the conversation degraded to tit and dick jokes without any much, if any, actually substance.

The goal now, would be to try and cut down on the tit and dick stuff to try and stimulate more actual discussion, especially in comics and other media, I'd imagine.

And not scare the girls off, again. Heh.
Name all the regularly posting girls that we scared off. If you guys hadn't figured it out already, most women aren't as into comics, video games, and Star Wars as men are. Unfortunately, that's just how it is. That's why people like us have often been referred to as "nerds."

Also, nobody knows about this board. All of us came from the Wizard World board from way back in the day and gradually people have posted less as we've all gotten older, lives change, and message boards have lost their appeal for some folks. It's like real life. I don't have the same friends that I had 10 years ago. That's life. People change.

I just think that the people complaining are the people that need to self-regulate. I mean, I already do self-regulate. I rarely postwhore and primarily only use dirty humor with the other JDC members (and even that is limited to mostly meek? and Wally) because I know the rest of you don't get/like the humor. And as far as substance goes, I would love to see the rest of you join a discussion "of substance." Most recently, it's just been me and ShadowMan going back and forth with occasional commentary from others. All the rest of you just postwhore or talk about pop-cultural nonsense. To each their own, but some of you need to take a good look in the mirror.

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

I look in the mirror more than most people and I am fucking gorgeous.

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

William McDert wrote:Junkogen, who the fuck said this was about making this more Disney-like?

Read that question again and I hope you would agree that you might be making more out of this than it actually is. I hope, but I don't expect or want to make you or sway or whatever, I'm just saying as a person standing back and watching this discussion, your Mickey Mouse reference is extremely left field. I believe Mickey Mouse makes reference to his cock more than most of us in any case.

I think you should just move forward with a vasectomy but what do I know?
This whole thread subject is coming out of left field. That's what I'm saying. I think the board is pretty innocuous and regulated as it is.

The JDC pretty much only talks dirty to each other and the other stuff could be fixed just by the people complaining taking their own advice in regard to postwhoring and contributing posts with substance.

All I've been saying is that I'm not changing anything I've been doing. All I've seen here is a bunch of pots calling kettles black.

So, yeah, basically this whole thread is unnecessary.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Can't we all just get along?:(

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

Shut up Wally you fucking pussy. :)

Junk, I think the main annoyance (well, to me) is the threads that break because JDC gets in there and hump each other. I postwhore and postwhore needlessly, but I don't hump anybody on the way out. I think the problem is the humping and the constantness of it. Constantness.

It might not be a problem, but it happens often enough to over-notice.

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

But that's what people do; they hump. Well, I guess not me, but a lot of people do from what I've been told.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Junkogen wrote:Name all the regularly posting girls that we scared off.
Now, I could be wrong, so correct me if mistaken. But:

Sarah, An (at a certain point for sure), Raven, Nickie. I'd say Abby as well, actually. There've been a few others who posted regularely. Not saying they all left because of it, but I'm pretty sure some of them did.

And Hell, all I'm asking is for some restraint, especially in the visual department. You can say all you want about the JDC sigs being nothing more than whatever you see in magazines (and it's true), but frankly, I'd rather NOT have the place where I'm at often be filled with those sigs. Because when I'm at someone else's place or even at home with someone else there, that simply stops me from looking in at this place.

As for the recurring gags, they were much more rampant than you seem to realise. As for anal rape not being around anymore: just take one look at CBKA's sig. Sure, it doesn't say 'anal'. But that's about it.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Absolutely I left at one point cuz I couldn't take it anymore. Abby wanted nothing to do with this place anymore and my sister certainly didn't. Fer sure I left for a while cuz I couldn't take it anymore. I don't know why Raven, Penny_Lane, Belle, freakazoid, ouji_nami, etc are gone but I doubt the atmosphere helped to keep them (speculation).

But whatever facts we dig up, whatever 'proof' we have that the board might benefit from a change doesn't mean squat. Junk will still get on his soapbox and pull what I like to think of as a "reverse ShadowMan", lol. He's made a stance and he can't/won't be dissuaded from it. I don't have to like it, but I do respect it. ^_^

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Stocky Boy wrote:Well, it's just too much of one subject, too frequently, too often - all the time and inescapable, since it's all over the forum. To be fair, you're not the only one guilty of it, no matter how much I like to argue that when I do it there's a hint of cleverness to it, I'm still guilty myself of occasionally offering up little else other than crude material.
Yes but the post was clearly aimed at me, when in actualy fact everyone offends. Admitedly the shit sandwich and the avatar probably sent out the message that i was coming back to make rape jokes and ruin threads but i think it was fairly obvious that i was going to revert to how id been at the end of the old BX. I mean i even ASKED if i should dump the avatar.

Cheers for getting rid of the shit hotdog. That is an appreciated effort. And please don't take this next comment as me just trying to dominate you here and get a second act of submission out of you, but your rape comment in your signiture is gratuitous while Cam's is playful. If you could drop your sig for something else, which isn't just one rung of the laddar lower, I'd appreciate that.
No problem, but it was going way before this thread. i only stuck it in in the interim. To be honest borats going soon as i can think of something more permanent. I fail to see how its gratuitous, i meerly changed a well known song to reflect peoples peoples perception of me. sort of a parody if you will.
Non stop anal and rape comments though, no matter how funny it could be argued to have been at one time, or even recently occasionally has been it's like a crappy TV show that's been pointlessly churning out more series. It was only ever going to appeal to a limited audience, got boring early on in its lifespan and bizarrely is still continuing despite a lack of interest for it.
The problem is it hasn't been nonstop anal and rape comments for well over a year atleast, and i know its become boring because i even got tired of making them.

Anyway i'm not that bothered about the whole thing i actually found it quite funny. plus i get to use my little buddy here > :ban:

I think this is the longest post i have ever done. Huzzah!

Oh yeah n fuck you MGM ;)
:chewie:

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

wolf_2099 wrote:
However, Stocky is right. The amount of dick/anal jokes that used to creep up in the comics discussion threads was really weird.
Can i just add that, contrary to popular opinion, none of them were me.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

ChimeraCreative wrote:I might be be mistaken, but isn't there a really big gray area between white (pristine, smut-free Disneyland) and black (underground S&M sexxx club) that we can all enjoy? ^_^
yeah.

I think we were close to that at the old BX

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

William McDert wrote:Shut up Wally you fucking pussy. :)
:finger:

;)

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

MGM wrote: As for the recurring gags, they were much more rampant than you seem to realise. As for anal rape not being around anymore: just take one look at CBKA's sig. Sure, it doesn't say 'anal'. But that's about it.
take one look at wolfs sig. Sure, it doesn't say "rape". But thats about it.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Anal =/= rape in this. Rape is fucked up. Anal is an acquired taste.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Anal =/= rape in this. Rape is fucked up. Anal is an acquired taste.
Dude, no one in their right mind wants to taste anal.
That'd be like eating CBKA's old avatar.

CBKA, I think you are oddly right that the derailment of comic threads was oddly never you, PHIYST on the other hand. Heh.

While I was okay with the potty humor on the old board and JDC sigs and what not, it was never something I could show my parents, or girlfriend, or really even surf while they were around, despite both of them expressing interest in seeing what it actually was, especially after going to the cons with you guys.
cc wrote:But whatever facts we dig up, whatever 'proof' we have that the board might benefit from a change doesn't mean squat. Junk will still get on his soapbox and pull what I like to think of as a "reverse ShadowMan", lol. He's made a stance and he can't/won't be dissuaded from it. I don't have to like it, but I do respect it. ^_^
That was an oddly good point, even if joking, that I had never thought of before.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

MGM wrote:Anal =/= rape in this. Rape is fucked up. Anal is an acquired taste.
What you think that im walking around thinking rape is an aquired taste?

I am well aware that rape is fucked up, you want to know what else is fucked up? Necrophelia yet that was in wallys sig for years and no doubt you made jokes about it a one stage or another. So whats your big problem with mine? because i used to hijack shitload of thread with arseraping jokes? get other it it was years ago

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

wolf_2099 wrote:Dude, no one in their right mind wants to taste anal.
That'd be like eating CBKA's old avatar.

CBKA, I think you are oddly right that the derailment of comic threads was oddly never you, PHIYST on the other hand. Heh.

While I was okay with the potty humor on the old board and JDC sigs and what not, it was never something I could show my parents, or girlfriend, or really even surf while they were around, despite both of them expressing interest in seeing what it actually was, especially after going to the cons with you guys.
If i remember correctly Thor used to love tasting anal.

Again i would disagree on the PHIYST point. I admit i would occasionaly derail threads but i was in noway the worst offender. I just think people noticed when i did it more because i used to derail nearly everything.

I think Junk would agree with that and i think i remember CC posting something to that effect on the old board.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

*sigh*

I just want to talk about random things with this group of friends that my friends have no intrest, clue, or desire to talk about.

Can we just get back to doing that?

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Me too, Eddy and again true for everyone else, I'd imagine. But, unless tensions are boiling over to the point where red mist is blurring vison, it's never a good idea to leave a discussion without having made sure we know where we've got to in all this.

These are the key points I summarise from the whole discussion so far:
  • There is a majority desire to tone down and restrict pervy, toilet humour on the board. Not kill it! Just relegate the majority into a suitable forum like Penthouse, where you can blast away to your hearts desire.
  • No dodgy avatars or signitures. We want the board to look respectable.
  • Back and forth conversation is fun. But let's restrict the pointless posts that are there just to up postcounts and certainly let's not derail threads with them

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

CBKA wrote:If i remember correctly Thor used to love tasting anal.

Again i would disagree on the PHIYST point. I admit i would occasionaly derail threads but i was in noway the worst offender. I just think people noticed when i did it more because i used to derail nearly everything.

I think Junk would agree with that and i think i remember CC posting something to that effect on the old board.
I don't think CBKA and Major Bummer are monsters. For the most part, they've integrated well into the board. The fact that CBKA is partaking is conversations and bothering to quote people and carry on with them shows a lot of growth. It just took a long time to get there and it was a rocky road. Some folks just stay in the attention seeking 'terrible twos' phase longer than others. ^_^

(Not that I think CBKA's fully reformed from the sleaze.)