Where is Everyone During the Day?

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Stocky Boy wrote:My day usually involves getting up earlier than most people to get the train to London.

06:15 Up.
07:15 Leave to get train.
08:18 Arrive in London. Time to get a pace on and negotiate slow bastard walkers!
08:45 At work. Now grumpy and not prepared to get straight down to work, like I thought I would. Zig zagging around the inconsiderate pedestrians for over 20 minutes has set me up for being angry all day.
09:30 Probably still looking at emails, newsites, facebook or whatever.
10:00 Might still be doing the same shit I was doing at 08:45 through to 09:30 :D
Lunch around 12:30 - one hour, spend time with colleagues having a laugh, but also feeling contempt for them - naturally. ;)
17:30 End of day. Probably spent the last 20 minutes rewarding myself with more net time.
This sounds suspiciously like the schedule I had at my job when I graduated from college. Since then, much of my attitude has changed; what with time and experience taking their toll on me.

I also don't spend nearly as much time dicking around as I used to. :(

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

My attitude has changed from more productive to less productive. :D

I guess being bullet proof may do this to a person. :)

CountD

Post by CountD »

workin'

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

Stocky Boy wrote: 08:18 Arrive in London. Time to get a pace on and negotiate slow bastard walkers!
08:45 At work. Now grumpy and not prepared to get straight down to work, like I thought I would. Zig zagging around the inconsiderate pedestrians for over 20 minutes has set me up for being angry all day.
Agh! Those slow bastards are EVERYWHERE! >_<
We should be able to smack 'em with impunity!
*gets crowd rage*

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

8:30am-10:00am = watching Samurai Champloo then worked on my Healthy Foods folder assignment.

10:30am-2:00pm = class. We had our CMS implementation today so I got to learn how I will actually finish my client's website. Hope to have it up and running soon.

2:00pm-4:00pm = acquired food and then puttered around the lab until just before 4:00pm when a buddy and I went to meet up with our third team member to practice our presentation.

4:30pm-5:00pm = sitting on our butts waiting for our teacher to show up for our 4:30pm class. She eventually showed up A HALF HOUR LATE! Good news is, those of us that waited for her all received a bonus mark for our patience. Bad news, we were totally ready for our presentation and now we have to wait till next week to do it. :banghead:
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

So a question for all the "slow bastard walker" haters. Are the slow paced people you all loathe so much "regulars" or are they tourists? By regulars, I mean do they seemingly work and/or live around that area?

My office is not too far from Times Square, so all the slow walkers I encounter are tourists. Also being so close to TS, I never walk up the main streets because then I'll be there forever trying to get around the seemingly endless tour groups and families.

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

A lot of the slow walkers in my neck of the woods 're regulars.
They are just complacent zombies.
And I hate them.

The tourists are obvious. They have the wide eyes and have a habit of stopping short right in front of you to gaze around like idiots.

...grrrrrr...
...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!
OUTTA THE WAY!!!!!!

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Today;
Went to the gym to get some pictures of basketball players for my Annual Report. Not a lot of worthy shots though so I might be there in the afternoon too.
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

im all over if im not at work im out somewhere else but i got broadband on my laptop now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Chained to the stove today. Big breakfast this morning, making manicotti for supper tonight, might practice my Montezuma loaf this afternoon.

*is the boring*
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

It is raining and that has made me into a sloth-girl. :snore:

I woke up, had breakfast then Morgan an' I went to the mall and picked up some DC action figures.

Came back to the apartment, watched cartoons, had a nap.

Went back out for supper.

Came back, watched Justice League eps on dvd.
Have a movie on now, and am really trying not to fall asleep again.

Rain makes me sleeeeeepy...

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:So a question for all the "slow bastard walker" haters. Are the slow paced people you all loathe so much "regulars" or are they tourists? By regulars, I mean do they seemingly work and/or live around that area?

My office is not too far from Times Square, so all the slow walkers I encounter are tourists. Also being so close to TS, I never walk up the main streets because then I'll be there forever trying to get around the seemingly endless tour groups and families.
It's a combination really.

Sometimes, mostly in the late afternoon, it's tourists. While they're having the time of their lifes, they are forgetting to move to the side of the road, when stopping and to generally look around to avoid collision.

Most of the time though, it's just inconsiderate pricks. The worst for me are the bastards on their phones, reading a book, texting or reading a paper. They are clearly devoted time to another activity and choosing to walk down the center of a path. Motherfuckers!
Swarms coming out of train stations piss me off as well. They think they have the right of way because they are in a seemingly impenetrable mass. They think wrong. I plow right through them.
Perhaps the most selfis of the bunch are the lot trying to cross a road like you, before the lights are green. They look at the traffic, but not what's blocking their path on the other side of the road, namely other people with the same idea. Instead of trying to aim for the gap, they just bulldoze, without looking ahead. I make way for them, knowing they are not making way for me.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I spend days at work. Then I like to walk around for some fresh air. Then I spend time with Malorie.
And if I deem you worthy, I share some of my time with you.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Or in other words, when Malorie gets tired of you, you try to find someone who will tolerate your presence?

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

School again! I think I'm gonna start taking pictures of myself once an hour and posting it here during the day. That way you can see how I always wear the same fucking jacket when it's cold and the only thing changing is my facial hair, mm by mm.

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

XIII wrote:I spend days at work. Then I like to walk around for some fresh air. Then I spend time with Malorie.
And if I deem you worthy, I share some of my time with you.
:emoteHail::emoteHail::emoteHail:

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

I like how those smilies never look quite right cuz of the background clashing :)

MGM

Post by MGM »

You're on the dark background? They look perfectly fine on the light background.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Is everyone else on the light one? the dark one's easier on my eyes

MGM

Post by MGM »

I much prefer the light one. Dark is easier on the eyes maybe, but dark letters on light background read so much easier for me.