Facebook

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Well you see, what you need is a Dad who forgot your birthday one year to feel guilty about his forgetfulness and then make up for it by buying you one. :)

It's nice and shiny!

Looks a lot like this one:

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:If you recall I had that kind of relationship with my bosses way back when I was at Citibank and HSBC. It's just that now I see all supervisor's as people who will potentially try and screw you over in the future whether they want to or not and for that reason, I'd just as soon as not get all buddy-buddy with them.
Being a supervisor, I really don't want my interviewers to see me in this way. Most of them I was an interviewer with and they supported my promotion, but at times it feels like I'm treated more like an interviewer and less like a supervisor. There is a fine line for me between being uber-serious and allowing for a relaxed environment.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

The last time I was employed for real, I got along way too well with the manager in my department. We ran around doing stupid, crazy shit. And after work she'd call my place all the time to see what I was watching on tv, get homework help for her daughter, etc. It was a lot of fun for two years. And when that bubble burst, well, it wasn't just an awkward time at work, one of us had to quit. Obviously it was me, The Bum of the Ages. Everyone I know kinda clucked their tongue, shook their heads and said 'it never pays to get to chummy with your boss.' Holy fuck they were right.
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

^

Toldja so

ChimeraCreative

Mr Wallstreet wrote:^
Toldja so
Where were you two years ago with that pearl of wisdom, eh?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I was here, but I was not here.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

ChimeraCreative wrote:The last time I was employed for real, I got along way too well with the manager in my department. We ran around doing stupid, crazy shit. And after work she'd call my place all the time to see what I was watching on tv, get homework help for her daughter, etc. It was a lot of fun for two years. And when that bubble burst, well, it wasn't just an awkward time at work, one of us had to quit. Obviously it was me, The Bum of the Ages. Everyone I know kinda clucked their tongue, shook their heads and said 'it never pays to get to chummy with your boss.' Holy fuck they were right.
But it sounds like you had a great two years!

I have two former bosses on Facebook. I hate them both but will not unfriend them. *proceeds to look for her new coworkers on FB*
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

MGM

Post by MGM »

You can unfriend people? Will they notice themselves?

ChimeraCreative

MGM wrote:You can unfriend people? Will they notice themselves?
I notice if the number drops, but there's no notification of who it was. I figure some people close their account cuz they don't like facebook or have folks on their bothering/stalking them.

ChimeraCreative

Fasheem wrote:But it sounds like you had a great two years!

I have two former bosses on Facebook. I hate them both but will not unfriend them. *proceeds to look for her new coworkers on FB*
I've never felt more alive or more useless in all my life. ^_^

Python

Post by Python »

I would just not respond to it. If he approaches the subject to you, you can always say "Oh, I haven't seen it yet!" and then continue not responding.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

What if he says, "okay, I'll send another friend request"? :D

XIII

Post by XIII »

I have un-friended most of my work colleagues. It was toot much shit to deal with considering I was the manager of most of them.

Python

Post by Python »

Stocky Boy wrote:What if he says, "okay, I'll send another friend request"? :D
Ignore that one and play dumb. :cheesy:
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Python wrote:Ignore that one and play dumb. :cheesy:

What like, "I'm sorry, I have no idea what this 'Bookface' website is". :D

JediMindTrick

Post by JediMindTrick »

even worse when yer in the navy, supposed to be all professional and shit...ah well.....
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Tragic Angelus wrote:While I'm not in the same situation, I am friends with past professors on Facebook, and even family members, and so far it's not that big of a deal.
I've got some family member on my Facebook (two of my cousins), but they know I'm weird already so anything I post (see Photoshoped album) will probably be glossed over.

Though I haven't seen them since I started that album...I bet Jason will comment. :D
Tragic Angelus wrote: All in all, I think as long as you don't publicly bitch about him or your job on Fbook, you should be safe. Just do it here
Meh, but he is your boss. It is kinda weird that he's even asking. I'd ignore it until he asks about it, if he even does, and then add him just to seem like the nice guy.

Best scenario would be that hel never even logs on to Facebook after that and things continue as they are. Worst case would be he tries to be your "friend".

If he asks about any of the images your tagged in, say you have no recollection of those events. If it's the Achievements Never Cease poster, just say "Oh, that's Steph's. She's weird." :)
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:I can't exactly use the "seperation of friends and work" line because I've got a few co-workers on my FB.
I would just like to point out having co-workers is a huge difference between your boss.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Yes it totally is.

But if your name is Stocky Boy you are bullet proof. :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

And a huge attraction for gay pedophiles.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."