Facebook

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Right now I have no threat I can use to make you fear me. Accept for filling your mailbox with my angsty poetry from when I was an adolescent.
I'll just send it to your boss and let him know it was from you. I'm sure that'll give him a huge mega gay boner
YA BETTA ASK SOMEBODDDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Maybe I should just not answer the friend request. I won't accept it but I won't ignore it either.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:It's supposed to work the other way around. Your suffering should bring me pleasure :mad:
I thought Junk's pleasure brought us suffering... :svengo:
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

IrishCream wrote:I'll just send it to your boss and let him know it was from you. I'm sure that'll give him a huge mega gay boner
I sometimes wonder if he signs my paycheck with that...

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Maybe I should just not answer the friend request. I won't accept it but I won't ignore it either.
Eventually he's going to call you out on it. You must choose, but choose wisely. For while one choice may secure your anal virginity, the wrong one might take it from you.

:rofl:

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

ChimeraCreative wrote:I thought Junk's pleasure brought us suffering... :svengo:
Junk's pleasure brings suffering. Junk's suffering brings sufferings.

He's like Pennywise the Clown

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Junkogen wrote:Eventually he's going to call you out on it. You must choose, but choose wisely. For while one choice may secure your anal virginity, the wrong one might take it from you.

:rofl:
But surely the passive-aggressive route will deliver me from having to make such an awkward choice.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Junk's pleasure brings suffering. Junk's suffering brings sufferings.

He's like Pennywise the Clown

Btw: This is Junk's first gig as a comedian:

:) :D

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

Just pretend you hardly ever go on facebook and therefore didn't see his friend request
YA BETTA ASK SOMEBODDDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

IrishCream wrote:Just pretend you hardly ever go on facebook and therefore didn't see his friend request
Yeah, but if he outright asks him if he got the request then what does he do?

ChimeraCreative

I think you need to bite the bullet and do it, Wally. You have to find your boss a boyfriend that will completely monopolize his time and keep him off facebook. ^_^

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I've had a couple of my employees add me on Facebook, it doesn't really affect me. But I do agree there are limits, like I definitely wouldn't add my boss or anyone in my family...

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thank you CC, Irish, Jedi and Pennywise for your input. I guess I'll decide what to do a bit later on. For now I am off to bed.

Stay precious all of you

ChimeraCreative

I was going to tell you to "stay something" as well, but thought better of it. For now, just keep your boss out of your blind spot. ^_^ Nighties! I'm about cooked for the night too. Must be getting old.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

My suggestion is just ignore like it never happened. Act like they never friended you, or quite easily say "sorry but I really don't want to mix work with social life"...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

While I'm not in the same situation, I am friends with past professors on Facebook, and even family members, and so far it's not that big of a deal.

Immediately after adding them I watched my wall and status stuff kinda close to make sure it wasn't overly offensive to them or something they could call me out on, but anymore I just don't care. My family members know how and who I am, so their opinion means nothing on that aspect really, and my professors have never written on my wall, messaged me, or anything, other than one using the chat to contact me really quick because we were working on a research project together. That's really it.

All in all, I think as long as you don't publicly bitch about him or your job on Fbook, you should be safe. Just do it here

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Just tell him you aren't comfortable crossing that work and friends line. You'd prefer to keep the two separate, especially since he is your boss.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

I have all my relatives and such on facebook. For a while I shut off my wall but I turned it back on because who cares! They know me as a relative when I'm awesome, and maybe I have some friends that curse and say weird shit, but you can always delete comments from people. Just don't have pictures of you snorting heroin and it'll be fine.

Cam, I don't think using the work and friends line will suffice. In this day and age, it would seem pretty douchey I believe. And it would totally fuck with office politics, no matter how much it shouldn't.

ChimeraCreative

Tragic Angelus wrote: Immediately after adding them I watched my wall and status stuff kinda close to make sure it wasn't overly offensive to them or something they could call me out on, but anymore I just don't care.
I actually have the opposite problem... I can't believe some of the stuff some of my friends do/say on facebook. Really, how many times can a person swear in one sentence, eh? :svengo:

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

btw, if you are on my facebook please play the word challenge and boost my ego even more as you wont come close to my high score.