Holiday Stuff?

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Mr Wallstreet

Holiday Stuff?

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

What is everyone doing for the holidays? Have you finished your shopping, yet to start it? Traveling home or away from home? Planning on doing anything fun? Looking forward to anything in particular?

I've gotten most of my shopping done this year and I'm being lazy and putting off the last of it but I suppose I'll get to it soon enough.

No traveling for me. Most of my family lives close by so I'm good. Not looking forward to doing anything special but relaxing. A few of my friends are heading home for the holidays so it'll be quieter and there won't be much to do.

The big thing that pisses me off is that I thought work would be quiet and easy until after New Years but it turns out we are going to be visited by State auditors mid-January so me and my team (re: me and one other person) are now tasked with finishing all projects to meet the deadline.

Gahhhh!!!!

Anyone else?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Shopping is done, just waiting for some things to arrive in the mail. I go back home on Friday till the 28th. It will be the family, my moms sisters, her oldest daughter and daughters boyfriend for Christmas.

Then I come back and spend new years with Krista.

And boxing day comic shopping.

Also go see this guy.
http://www.comichunter.com/eindex.html
he is supposed to be awesome.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Shopping isn't done yet.
I'll spend Christmas with Malorie and her mum, we're going to Strasbourg in the East of France where they do a lot of stuff for Christmas and have a lovely Christmas market.

We'll be in Lyon for New Year's Eve, having a party with our best friends then we'll visit my parents for the weekend.

I'll be working between Xmas and the New Year.

XIII

Post by XIII »

wolf_2099 wrote:
Also go see this guy.
http://www.comichunter.com/eindex.html
he is supposed to be awesome.

HOLY SHIT!! This guy has Batman/Deathblow #1. I want it badly.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:HOLY SHIT!! This guy has Batman/Deathblow #1. I want it badly.
I'll pick it up if he has it when I go.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:HOLY SHIT!! This guy has Batman/Deathblow #1. I want it badly.
That's where Krista got my gifts from, the Adventures in the Rifle Brigade and Stray Bullets.

He has a shitload of stock, eh?

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Shopping is all done now except for my "secret Santa" at work, just gotta go to the book store for that. finished the last of it today I got a blue ray player for my dad
All Will be Well!

XIII

Post by XIII »

wolf_2099 wrote:I'll pick it up if he has it when I go.
If you can do that, I'll cover you in gold when we next meet in NYC.

no Wally, not THAT kind of gold, you perv!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm heading home tomorrow, then on Friday I'm headed out to Kansas to see my sister and her family with my Dad. Get back about two days before Christmas and do the holiday thing, then a week till New years, then about a week after that I'll come back down to school.

Wrapped my semester up yesterday so I'm getting things ready to head home for the three weeks I'll be gone.. Haven't done any Christmas shopping, but that's because this year my sister and I are doing the 'it's from both of us' and she took care of everything.

Can't say I'll be on here necessarily before Christmas after I get home tomorrow, so if I'm not I hope everybody has a great Holiday and enjoys the time off that they do get.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

My family isn't exactly big on Christmas, lol. I am going to Christmas Eve dinner with my sister-in-law's family who are Italians and do the whole Fish of the Seven Seas thingy.

Only thing I'm looking forward to on Christmas Day is seeing Sherlock Holmes, which might even be a midnight release if there is one, lol.

For the rest of the holiday I'm probably gonna start moving stuff out into my house. That should be loads of fun =o/

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I just got an early gift! And it was great!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Got my Christmas present from Krista and my brother already.

Just bought my own Christmas comic gift from mom.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

What did people get for the holidays?

I got mostly clothes, which is what I wanted. 2 New pairs of dress pants, 3 new ties, a kick ass pair of Hush Puppy shoes, Left 4 Dead 2 for XBOX 360 & Batman: Arkham Asylum for PS3.

I got Left 4 Dead 2 & Arkham Asylum during the after Christmas sale. They were both on sale for $30 a piece so a friend of mine picked em up and gave em to me yesterday. :)

Anyone else feel like sharing?

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:What did people get for the holidays?

I got mostly clothes, which is what I wanted. 2 New pairs of dress pants, 3 new ties, a kick ass pair of Hush Puppy shoes
You wear Hush Pups too?

These are the ones I use for work... and have done for many years, because when one pair get a hole in them, I just go out and buy the same type again.

I also use these often for casual. Most comfortable shoes ever!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I've only just now discovered the wonder of Hush Puppy shoes.

For the first 2 years of my professional career I always wore straight laced business shoes which was awful because they weren't that comfortable and since I did a lot of walking the heel would wear out very quickly so I was constantly having them fixed. Then I began wearing a very generic pair of casual shoes. Not only were they extremely comfortable but quite fetching as well, unfortunately, I had the same problem: the heel would wear out.

Then my friend introduced me to Hush Puppies and I am never going back (mostly). They are business casual, comfortable and come with an extra thick heel which is great for my walking and when it snows.

This is the pair I have now:

And this is the generic brand I wear in the summer because they're much lighter...and I color coordinate them more with some of my other clothes:

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Never been one for the old slip-ons. Might get a pair one day just to see if I can get used to them, but that's sounding like a bit of extravagance.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

I put a power ring in Tyran-ne's stocking that's powered by COMPASSION.

I'm still laughing my ass off at her.
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

What does it look like?

Oh and Wally. I've just found the following website: http://www.hushpuppies.com/

It's probably one of the best websites on the net. Wouldn't you agree?

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

It's like the one Sandman has in his siggy. While buying trades and graphic novels for Christmas I pillaged a jar of Lantern power rings. Everyone thought Sarah'd get a red one, but I went for the ironic ring instead. ^_^

Christmas was pretty cool over here. I got some toys, so I'm thrilled. Gotta find a place for my Godzilla and Destroyah to duke it out.
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

On the toy front, I would so very much have liked to have got the following:

It costs about $150 US though. Why is Lego so fucking expensive!!??!!??!!