Resolutions?

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Stocky Boy

Resolutions?

Post by Stocky Boy »

It's goal setting time!

I'm going to kick the new year off (starting in February) with making my own lunch for atleast three of the five working days.

Buying lunch five days out of five, each week, costs a fortune. It's doable, but far too expensive when that money could go on holidays and shit.

Anybody else?

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

I dunno, it's a new decade too so it's a big deal. Gah, I'll be 30 this year. >.< I need big goals, big dreams, big resolutions. ^_^
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I'm starting small. If I can achieve lunch making resolution, I can achieve everything. :)

ChimeraCreative

You are a wise man, Stocky.:emoteHail:

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

By the way, I'm starting in Feb, because I want one more month of buying Pret sandwiches regularly.

Oh and it's only for three days of the working week, because on Fridays, the canteen does fish and chips and it's not bad at all. One other day is free... so I can still have a Pret sandwich once a week. :)

XIII

Post by XIII »

I don't want to take any. Though getting any better shape, doing weekly sport (football or running), seriously looking for an appartment to buy and not screwing my soon-to-be new position at work would all be potential resolutions.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Stocky Boy wrote:It's goal setting time!

Buying lunch five days out of five, each week, costs a fortune. It's doable, but far too expensive when that money could go on holidays and shit.

Anybody else?
I usually pack lunch 4-5 days a week; been doing it since I began working. You do save a lot of money there. In NY a typical lunch costs between $6-$10. To be conservative lets say its only $6 a day and 5 days a week thats $30 saved; over a month its $150.

I'm always amused at how other people seem to figure out (weeks/months/years) later that bringing your own lunch is better for you and saves you loads of cash too. Well better late than never I suppose :)

Last year I achieved 2 of my resolutions that had been eluding me for years. 1) I took up jogging and got into shape. The end result had me feeling better and dropping some weight. I'm going to get into jogging again once the weather gets better. 2) I began volunteering for some charitable causes. It's what Superman would do.

As for new resolutions...Meh dont really have any and I'm happy to continue my old ones.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Fuck, volunteering, that is what I should do.
Not as a resolution, since I don't think a new year is the reason you should start improving your life.

But I should give back some.

I will be getting into worse shape for the new year, for a few weeks anyway, as the gym goes insane in January.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

ChimeraCreative

wolf_2099 wrote: I will be getting into worse shape for the new year, for a few weeks anyway, as the gym goes insane in January.
Quoted for truth. :disappointed:

MGM

Post by MGM »

10 pounds.

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

I resolve to check out the new kung-fu place in town and join if feasible.
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

XIII

Post by XIII »

MGM wrote:10 pounds.
Put on or lose?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Both would be an achievement, actually. But to lose it.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm not making resolutions, just things I'd like to accomplish. Yeah, I know that's basically the same thing but resolution is a dirty, dirty word ;)

In the spring after I've moved into my house I'd like to try my hand at gardening. It'd be so awesome to be able to use fresh veggies/herbs when cooking/baking.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Gardening is great fun. I do quite a bit myself during the spring & summer. Are you looking to grow strictly veggies or fruits or have a nice mix of both as well just some flowers to make the place look good?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Truthfully I don't know yet. I'd like to have a small herb garden but heard that's difficult. I've love to plant an apple tree and make homemade apple desserts. Cucumber/zucchini would be nice, and zucchini does grow like a weed lol.

So I'm just keeping my options open now. My brother is good with gardening (has his own herb garden on his deck, we made pesto with his homemade basil, yummy!) and since Dan/Jack is moving in maybe he'll learn he has some hidden talents a well?