Board downtime/upgrade

If it's broke, bitch about it here.

Moderator: StoneTable

StoneTable

Board downtime/upgrade

Post by StoneTable »

First off, my apologies for how long the board was down. My webhost forced a software upgrade that broke the forum software we were using. I've migrated the board to new forum software that's regularly updated and free.

Everything should more or less work the same as it did before, except that passwords were not transferred in the migration, which means that you'll need to use the "I forgot my password" option under the Login link in the upper right corner. Also, if you don't remember/don't have access to the email you registered with initially, just message me on Facebook with your username and current email and I'll reset it.

We've got the default theme installed at the moment; I'm open to suggestions on what to do with it.

Tragic Angelus

Re: Board downtime/upgrade

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm curious.. on the old board, forums were marked by a color indicating if there was a new post in it. It seems like this one has that feature, but I honestly can't tell. It almost looks like a forum is marked in the color red if there's something new and (maybe?) a kind of blue if it's been checked. I can't tell between the two myself, and I don't know if it's just my version of colorblindness kicking in or if the color difference is so minor it's impossible to tell for everyone else to. Is that the case? If so is there a way to change the colors?

I've been looking at the dates to see if something is new, but without memorizing exact times it's been hard on some forums. If nothing can be changed, no worries. I'll find a way to manage. If possible, let me know.

Thanks again for the hard work! I appreciate it!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Try clicking
View unread posts

Above the forums on the right.

I have my bookmark set to it.

basement-x.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts

MGM

Post by MGM »

Also, the colors are very different from each other to me. So it'll brobably your colorblindness.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'll give that a shot. I figured it was more the colorblindness because I honestly cannot tell much of a difference without getting incredibly close to my screen.