Buffy The Vampire Slayer #34 (spoilers)

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Buffy The Vampire Slayer #34 (spoilers)

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

So the twist got twistier.

I can see the main gist of the storyline. Twilight is revealed to be Angel and Angel and Buffy are chosen by the Universe to be super-special which they depict by having, what Willow calls, Destiney Sex; and it will ultimately brign about the Apocalypse.

It seems the decision Buffy will have to make will be whether or not to go along with Angelus (because I believe he is Angelus and not Angel, because Angel would not go along with destroying the world, even if he got to be with Buffy). Furthermore I think it may the Universe itself which is unleashed Angelus because as I mentioned previously, only Angelus would go along with destroying the world.

Also, how come almost everytime Buffy has sex, the world is almost destroyed? If I were, I'd start contemplating celibacy, if for no other reason than to stop the world from ending in case she ever got nailed again

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I don't think that Angel (And I'm still assuming he's actually Angel, he's not acting like Angelus just yet) would go about destroying hte world either. However, I feel that he doesn't think he's destroying it, but rather that he and Buffy are ushering in the newest era of the world. And I don't think it was exactly destroying the Earth, but rather the Earth was reacting in violent ways, but things will subside. However, there is the big notion that the demon hordes that poured out may be the EXACT same ones that Buffy has to fight off and disappear with, as depicted in the Fray series in terms of her disappearence.

I'm still along for the ride obviously, but I'm not buying that he's Angelus just yet. If he is, this is the most secretive, most real like portrayal he's ever done of Angel, because he would have literally killed someone by now. He's held out way.. way too long on killing to be Angelus, at least to me.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Tragic Angelus wrote:
I'm still along for the ride obviously, but I'm not buying that he's Angelus just yet. If he is, this is the most secretive, most real like portrayal he's ever done of Angel, because he would have literally killed someone by now. He's held out way.. way too long on killing to be Angelus, at least to me.
Thats why I think its Angelus. If Angelus starts killing people right off the bat, everyone - including Amy, Warren & the Military - is going to join Buffy and try to stop him; but not because Angelus a mass murderer but because they know that his ultimate goal lies with bringing about the Apocalypse.

Angelus is a bigger picture kinda guy: kill a few people now just to get his rocks off and risk getting caught, or hold out until his plans come to fruition and kill the entire world.

Angelus has always been methodical and patient above all else. I remember on the show when they did flashback episodes of Angelus, Spike, Drusilla & Darla; Angelus was always the more cautious one whereas Spike was always the impulsive one. I think this is another area where Angelus is hewing to caution in order to end the world.

But also bear in mind that Angelus hasn't exactly not killed anyone; he provided the military with strategery and power that enabled them kill a bunch of Slayers so while its not exactly how Angelus kills people, his hands are far from clean.

Edit: I was skimming through the issue again and while Buffy and Angel(us) are doing the nasty, we see panels of events that are from the past, present and future and one of those panels shows Buffy facing off against a huge shadow with Spike. Does this mean that we'll be seeing Spike in the next few issues or will he be in the next season? I highly suspect it'll be Buffy & Spike vs. Angelus.

I am either reading far too much into this, or like you say, giving Angelus far more credit than he deserves. We'll see how it pans out.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I love Angelus, don't get me wrong. And he is DEFINITELY a bigger picture, cautious acting type compared to a lot of vampires we've ever seen. But for whatever reason, and it could be due to not hearing the voices, I just haven't *FELT* like his dialgue is like Angelus'. Even when he tried to pretend he was still Angel, there was always.. just enough.. to let you know he wasn't. And that's most likely due to the lack of vocals and having to read in one's head.

I'm holding out hope he's not Angelus, mostly because well, we've HAD that Big Bad on Buffy before, and I'd hope it's something else before him again. Though if it is him, I'll go back and reread the series knowing that he is Angelus, and it'd probably change my reading of the events.

And yes, Spike is being hinted by both Georges Jeanty and Meltzer as appearing very, very soon. Not necessarily next issue, but most likely the final arc.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!
Spike vs. Angel!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

LOL I'm not sure what it'll be, but if it is, then we all know Angel will win.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

No way man. I vaguely remember during the final season of Angel; Angel and Spike had to fight to see who would win a cup or something that would grant whoever drank it special happy powers or something and Spike whupped Angel's ass.

I used to be a big Angel fan and while I still like him as a character, I've come to like Spike's character even more.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I still hold to Angel not losing that fight because Spike was better, but because he held back because he knew what was really at stake. ANGEL FTW FOREVER!!!!